Skip to main content
Question

Report rule - sending an email to a supplier

• 19 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I’m trying to understand a code which was made to send emails to suppliers, but I can’t understand it, it’s done via a report rule.

In the action, we have this :

To=d&select SUBSTR('B@UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP/IDENTITYS/IDENTITY/COMM_METHOD]', INSTR('N@UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP/IDENTITYS/IDENTITY/COMM_METHOD]', ':') + 1) from  Dual];From=do-not-reply@XXXXXX.com;CCTo=m&select Value from  fnd_user_property where Name = 'SMTP_MAIL_ADDRESS' AND Identity = 't#PrintedBy]'] ;Subject=XXXXXXX;Body=XXXXXXXX

My question is reletad to the email, and I don’t understand which one is selected.
I have a supplier form in which he has 2 email adresses, the sending is correct, but not a supplier who has a phone number + an email address + a fax number.

Can someone tell me what’s wrong?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@romsar  In order to figure out how the email is selected, you’d need to look at the UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP code that populates the COMM_METHOD.  The code is available in the UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_RPI Body which is viewable in APP10 via any Oracle SQL tool.

I’ve found the easiest way to search the RPI is to find where ‘COMM_METHOD’ is added as an Element and to work my way upwards from there.  You should see references to other APIs which you’ll need to examine too. If you can’t ready PL/SQL code, then enlist the help of one of your developers to dig in.

I’ve taken a quick look and think that it’s picking the default method that’s currently valid.  You’ll need to check that for yourself.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @Tracy Norwillo 

Sorry for my long absence, we were all in vacations, so I couldn’t reply to you before. Thanks to you, I managed to understand a little more and there is something that goes wrong with IFS and I don’t understand the origin of our problem, actually, when I run the following sql querry :

select * 
from supplier_info_address
where comm_id is not null

the querry returns 1 line and the following sql querry :

select count(*)
from supplier_info_address
where comm_id is null

returns 4044

What’s the way to fill the supplier_info_address_tab.comm_id field? and where can we get the field on the ifs application?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@romsar 

If the comm_id is null in the Supplier/Address then the identity_pay_info view is used.  This is the Supplier/Payment tab.