Refreshing Dictionary Cache options

• 6 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Refreshing the Dictionary Cache within IFS takes ages.

I believe that this can be done by executing the relevant API which would allow to refresh in groups i.e. VIEWS, etc.,

Is there documentation on this, for instance which API and what options are available.

Can you please advise.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I found the information using the IFS help.

https://your_ifs:port_no/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/040_administration/300_system_information/070_server_caches/default.htm

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

John,

If you refresh the security/dictionary cache from within a permission set it will refresh only the delta which is much faster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Mike.Hollifield 

I can refresh the security from within the Permission Set but not the Dictionary cache as it isn’t ‘clickable’

Is there another way I can refresh a specific view i.e. ORDER_QUOTATION?

Thanks

John

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If there are no changes the dictionary cache button won't be available.

You can test this by adding a new package to the database and you should see the dictionary cache button enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Mike.Hollifield 

Thank you for your reply.   When I create a new package the dictionary cache button is indeed enabled and clicking on it refreshes it for the item.

The reason for my query is that when I try to create conditional fields I receive an information message stating that the View is not found in dictionary.

John

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Can you show an example of the error?

What version and update are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The issues was caused by a new IFS report that we had created by an outside source.  unfortunately the LU was 27 characters and on conversion to a database name took it past the maximum 30 characters thus causing an error.  Once this was resolved We could access Conditional Fields.