Question

Quick report parameter in Custom Menu without parameter window

• 13 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi All,

Is it possible to run a Quick Report from a Custom Menu without showing the parameter window ?

Just to be more clear. It is a SQL Quick Report. The SQL command is something like select a,b,c from view where d=’&parameter’.

Now my question is: when it is invoked by a Custom Menu, I don’t want to see the window that is asking me for &parameter, I just want to run it and see the results.

Is this possible ?

Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @luca.puccini,

In your SQL command, if you specify the exact parameter value instead of “&parameter” it will not ask for a parameter value.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

…… But If you hardcode the parameter, how can you pass a value from a custom menu? I assume the user here wants to send the quick report from the object the RMB is invoked from with some sort of parameter value.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @luca.puccini,

If you want to send a dynamic parameter value the following must be configured.

In the quick report window specify the parameter value as &SourceSQLColumnName.

In the custom menu configuration window, add the quick report parameters value section.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In other words, is it possible to avoid this window ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes, it is! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes, it is! :)

Ok, but how ?

The SQL is

as you suggested, but the window still appear

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @luca.puccini,

In the custom menu configuration, under quick report parameters , specify the source key name and destination key name in CAPITALS.

BR,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @luca.puccini,

In the custom menu configuration, under quick report parameters , specify the source key name and destination key name in CAPITALS.

BR,
Bhagya

It remains exactly the same

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Hello,When you set your parameters, run the report after saying reload.