Question

Problem with granting reports for archive

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

After applying 23R2 (23.2.1) at a customer they noticed that after ordering an operational report through the order report screen and you want to go to the report archive to view the rendered report you get an error message saying that you are not granted when the report archive page is shown. Still, the report is there and you can open and preview it. 

I did some digging and the projection causing the error is <ReportProjection>.VirtualReport_CleanupVirtualEntity. But if you go to grant the report projection in question and try to grant the action CleanupVirtualEntity (which by the way is clearly visible in the API explorer) you can’t since there is no such action on the report projection. If you look at the OrderReportTemplate projection, there you will have the CleanupVirtualEntity action (granted that of course without effect) but the same action doesn’t show up in the actual report projections, e.g. the CustomerOrderConfRep projection grants.

To me this seems like a bug in the framework - any tips on how to fix?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I am facing same kind of issue too.
Please, let me know, if you found any solution for this! :)

Badge +5

No, I was just giving IFS R&D the opportunity to pick this up and fix it as the bug it is without all partners having to register it for all customers running 23R2. But, it seems like IFS isn’t monitoring this so I’ll guess I’ll have to go the long way and create more admin for everyone.