Solved

Print Dialogue Email

• 14 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 45 replies

When I press the print button on any object I get the print dialogue and it has the user email.

Is there a way to disable having the user email here?

I have found a system parameter but it does not seem to do anything

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 14 December 2023, 15:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@JoDe please see the below post. I guess you could create an ‘empty’ report rule with an action Preselect Property and set there the email  to null for this report. If you want this for all reports you will need a lot of report rules.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @JoDe,

This is fixed in IFS Cloud 23R2. There is a toggle button introduced in 23R2 which allows you to select whether the email should be sent or not. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Charith Epitawatta, Thank you for the notification it's fixed in a future version. That does leave me in a pickle now.

@Marcel.Ausan , The link seems only to be available for partners (that's why I also couldn't find it in the first place probably). I'm going to send some messages to see if they can open it up. It doesn't make sense to block off important posts and then the same questions getting answered again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

There is a workaround, that is cumbersome if you use a lot of reports.

That is to define a report rule for every report to set the email field to an empty vale like this:

1. Create a report rule with an action of type “Preselect Property”
  1. Add an expression to the action that fetches a value from the XML you think is empty for all cases. Maybe you don’t find any, then you could just set an invalid text which is not a mail address but that will result in a failing application message but no mail is sent.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Tomas Ruderfelt, Unfortunately I've tried that as well but in the current version (22R2) the GET expressions are not working to select properties. 

Only work around now is to put a fixed value there like dummy.

Thanks for your answer!