Question

Print agent not working

• 1 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

We have a IFS could 21.2.7 remote setup and print agent configured recently doesn't seems to be picking up print jobs correctly.

Here are the configurations for Print agent. and Windows service created.

when trying to start the windows service  Getting below error.

Print server logs

[005] 01.06.2022 20:14:49: Starting REST Service...
[012] 01.06.2022 20:14:50: SEVERE ERROR during startup. Check configuration.
[012] 01.06.2022 20:14:50: Invalid client credentials
[012] 01.06.2022 20:14:50: State changed: ERROR
[010] 01.06.2022 20:14:50: REST Service started on http://<SERVERNAME>:8200/
[012] 01.06.2022 20:14:50: State changed: STOPPED

ifsapp-reporting pod logs

java.base\/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)\nCaused by: ifs.fnd.reporting.config.ConfigCache$MissingConfigException: Missing MessageQueues configuration for instance 'BATCH2'\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.config.ConfigCache.getConfig(ConfigCache.java:601)\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.config.ConfigCache.getQueueConfig(ConfigCache.java:614)\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.ejbs.ApplicationMessageConsumerBean.initConfigAndLogger(ApplicationMessageConsumerBean.java:104)\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.ejbs.ApplicationMessageConsumerBean.onRestrictedMessage(ApplicationMessageConsumerBean.java:49)\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.ejbs.RestrictedMessageDrivenBean.doOnMessage(RestrictedMessageDrivenBean.java:63)\n\tat ifs.fnd.reporting.ejbs.AbstractMessageDrivenBean.onMessage(AbstractMessageDrivenBean.java:68)\n\t... 38 more\n","ibm_threadId":"00000034","ibm_datetime":"2022-06-01T19:16:56.662+0000","ibm_messageId":"CNTR0020E","module":"com.ibm.ejs.container.LocalExceptionMappingStrategy","loglevel":"ERROR","ibm_sequence":"1654111016662_0000000000636"}

From IFS applications when a report is ordered to preview below message is shown

-Tried to create the windows service from a local user as well as a domain user and both added to local administrators group of the server. Installation folder has full access to same users

Log on as for the windows server has been set to the same OS user (above)

-There are no locked IFS% account in the database and verified the DB connectivity from IFSPRINT user

-Server firewall is not blocking 8200 port

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I think you mean the cloud version.  I have no experience with that, but your error would indicate that the login information is not valid.  Things may have changed but in the past the print agent account was IFSPRINT. 

Are you sure the firewall on this server is not blocking you?  Did you use the zip file from the system you are trying to connect, to build the agent?  If so are you sure the correct password was used the last time you ran a reconfig for that system?

Then when you do get the login working I think you need to add a logical printer.  Typically PDF_PRINTER is the queue for the application server to create the PDFs.  That requires a webserver to implement.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @mwilson 

thanks for the input I tried the Print agent configuration by a direct database user IFSPRINT and the issue is still there for cloud versions it’s advised to use an IAM client with a database service user IFSPRINT or IFSPRINTAGENT.

There is no firewall blocking between DB and the MT server and print agent is from the same ‘add-on’ page of the instance. and I do not want to print anything here using a physical printer and just previewing is enough for testing purposes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Unless some large shift occurred PDF Printer only works on the application server.  When previewing the PDF is passed to the client and does not go through the print agent.  The whole point of the print agent is to reduce the amount of network traffic between the client and the printer queue.  

Print Agent allows you to install this local to where the printer is.  The print agent logs in and grabs the PDF file from the database and sends a print to the local print spooler.  The PDF file is smaller than the PCL that goes to the print spooler and so reduces the network traffic and improves print times over slower connections.

At any rate you have an invalid login by the print agent and your batch2, which holds the application server jobs for printing, appears to be missing jobs.  Check your admin configuration help pages to setup batch2 jobs.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Ruchira 
Please try restarting the report pod.
When i say restart, delete the pod, it will automatically create the new one and post that you can try the same.
Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Hardik

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

Do we know what is the problem. I have just faced the same issue on 22.2.5.

As a workaround I have created another user by copy all settings from IFS_print_agent and connection is successfull. What is wrong with IFS_print_agent account? Changing sercret id does not resolve a problem with connection.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

The issue is with the missing queue in report message queues. If you add that queue(BATCH2) and restart the reporting pods, issue will resolve

please go to
*Solution Manager-->Reporting and Analysis-->Operational Reporting-->Setup Report Rendering-->Report Message Queues
*add the BATCH2 queue manually
*Restarted the ifsapp-reporting and ifsapp-reporting-ren containers
*Order a report and see if it works as expected.

Thanks,
Hardik

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @hardik 

I do not understand why queue setting is related with this problem. It does not work on standard build-in IFS_print_agent user but it works on AA_print_agent user newly created with the same setting as for IFS_print_agent user.