Solved

Outbound messages in IFS cloud 21R1 - File directory not accessible - Is filerep1 exist?

• 23 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I recently faced an error creating an outbound message in out new IFS 21R1 customer.
Below I briefly described what I have done so far. I would really appreciate if someone can share their opinions how to solve this.

I need to create a file in the sever directory including all the shipment details when the Shipment Delivery Note is printed.
I have written the code to prepare the file on this trigger. This is working fine (I mean the file data preparation) .

Now I’m trying to configure the IFS connect to send the file out to the specific directory(within the same server)

I use a routing rule as follows;

and the routing address would be like this.. I’m using the FILE_SENDER1 to send the file out.

I configure FILE_SENDER1 as follows… There I used the directory given in the IFS Could Build Place and it’s credentials.

When I try to create the application message now to send the file out it’s failing the message saying ‘Access Denied’.

I mean it’s pretty obvious that I get this error because even from the file explorer, I don’t have write access to this directory mentioned above.
I even tried the same login as I logged in to the application (Ifsapp -appowner) to configure the FILE_SENDER1. But then it’s also failing saying ‘Bad Username Or Password’.

With Apps 10, we had the common file path - filerep1 that we could use for above mentioned scenarios.. I don’t see such a directory in IFS Cloud version where ifsdev or ifsapp can access. In this case, developers are failing to test their messages in the DEV env.

Any idea how IFS tackled this problem ?

Thank in advance for a feedback!

BR,
Thilina

icon

Best answer by BytThiliD 30 August 2021, 09:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

If you are interested in this topic, I just got the answer from IFS Sevice Now saying accessing the app server directory to write files is not possible in IFS Cloud (21R1). This only is possible for on-premise envs where you have the write access.

You can use the alternatives like FTP to write your files to a FTP location and test if the implementation is working fine. Their you only have to configure your FTP Sender and change your routing address accordingly.

BR,
Thilina

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, 

I am very interested in this topic. Can you please let me know what kind of FTP you used and how you setup connection to it from build place?

/BR

Sandaruwan

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, 

I am very interested in this topic. Can you please let me know what kind of FTP you used and how you setup connection to it from build place?

/BR

Sandaruwan

Hi Sandaruwan,

I used following settings to configure the connection.
Please note that your configuration might be differ depending on your FTP connection setup (Security Protocol/Connection mode etc.).

Sender

Routing Address

BR,
Thilina

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, 

/BR

Sandaruwan

Hi Sandaruwan,

Please note that your configuration might be differ depending on your FTP connection setup (Security Protocol/Connection mode etc.).

BR,
Thilina

Thanks Thilina,

This means adding outside ftp from build place work without any additional changes like whitelisting IP address or something. Good to know. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello Sandaruwan,

I have having the same issue with a Payment File generation for a Clous Customer.

Could you please let me know  how you define your Routing Rule.

Where did you save your file before redirecting it to the  FTP location ?

Thanks

Bhagya

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello, 

/BR

Sandaruwan

Hi Sandaruwan,

Sender

Routing Address

BR,
Thilina

Thank you for the absolutely useful information you’ve presented here.

I do have a question with FTP configuration: should the directory paths and such be defined like you would configure a normal FTP client like filezilla?
If I can log into a certain host with a certain username password in filezilla, Is IFS also defaulting to that root directory? 

For example:

host:port -> xxx.xxx.xx.xx:21 

user → admin

pw → xxxxxxx

default directory I land in → \root\

If I use the same config in IFS, do I define the directory relative to \root\ in IFS?

say there’s a directory called \root\out

can I mention in IFS the directory as just ‘out’ since we land in \root anyway or should the path be defined as \root\out when configuring IFS?

I ask this because I had FTP sender configured and the file was not absorbed to IFS like it does in Apps10. No application messages failed or otherwise, file is still in the ftp location.

Badge

It’s not so simple that you can test it when you have On Prem. Even then it’s not possible in Build Place.

“Are you attempting to use File Readers/Senders here?

Please note that in IFS Cloud File Connectors will only be working with On-Prem Customers. File Readers/Senders do not work in a cloud installation. This is highlighted in our technical documentation in the below path.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/030_integration/300_ifs_connect/010_configure_connect/060_transport_connectors/configure_file_transport_connector/

Since build place environments are also hosted in the cloud, they will not be supported in build place environments as well.

Please also refer to the "Testing File Sender, Mail Sender and File Reader based flows" section in the following documentation path, to understand the possible ways of testing such connectors.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/020_lifecycle/030_customer_solution_development/040_integration-development/   “

Did you managed via FTP ?

br

Jarmo