Solved

Order Report Parameter query

• 8 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Good day to you.

Can someone please help me with the following:

Where do Order Report Parameters get defined?

n.b.  Multiple Records parameter a customisation.

Clicking on the … displays a List of Values and I want to know how the fields to be displayed in the LOV get defined.

I have ran a DEBUG then clicked on the …

Info : Cache: Found key LOV.MY_SHOP_ORD_LOV with value REF_ID    REF_ID,ORDER_NO,RELEASE_NO,SEQUENCE_NO,ORDER_CODE,CONTRACT,PART_NO,ENG_CHG_LEVEL,NEED_DATE,REVISED_QTY_DUE,DEMAND_CODE,CLOSE_CODE,SCHED_DIRECTION,SCHED_CAPACITY,RESCHED_FLAG,ASSIGN_FLAG,PICK_LIST,WORK_INSTRUCT,PROJECT_ID,ACTIVITY_SEQ,CONDITION_CODE,ALTERNATE_COMPONENT_USED,USE_COST_DISTRIBUTION,MULTILEVEL_REPAIR,CANCEL_REASON,PARK_REASON,STATE    Ref Id^Order No^Release No^Sequence No^Order Code^Site^Part No^Revision No^Need Date^Revised Qty Due^Demand Code^Close Code^Sched Direction^Sched Capacity^Resched Flag^Assign Flag^Pick List^Work Instruction^Project id^Activity Seq^Condition Code^Alternate Component Used^Use Cost Distribution^Multilevel Repair^Cancellation Reason^Park Reason^State    NUMBER(10)^STRING(12)/UPPERCASE^STRING(4)/UPPERCASE^STRING(4)/UPPERCASE^STRING(200)^STRING(5)/UPPERCASE^STRING(25)/UPPERCASE^STRING(6)^DATE/DATE^NUMBER^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(10)/UPPERCASE^NUMBER^STRING(10)/UPPERCASE^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(200)^STRING(10)/UPPERCASE^STRING(10)/UPPERCASE^STRING(20)    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^        

I have looked at the MY_SHOP_ORD_LOV view and the PART_DESCRIPTION field I require is present but is not displayed in the Multiple Records LOV.

Where do the fields displayed get defined?

Thank you for looking.

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 14 October 2020, 00:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Report parameters are defined in the report model and its usage can be seen in the generated RPI package code (RDF file).

Since the Multiple Records is a customisation, I would check the details against the underlying LOV view MY_SHOP_ORD_LOV, in particular the attribute flags on the view comments.

For example.

comment on column SHOP_ORD_LOV2.STATE is 'FLAGS=A-IUL^DATATYPE=STRING(10)^PROMPT=Status^';

The very last attribute flag (L or -) governs the column behaviour in a List of Values.

List of Values (LOV)

This setting determines if an attribute is shown when the client shows a LOV window or not. This setting has no impact on the server code.

L = Attribute included in LOV
- = Attribute not included in LOV

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Technical Outlaws

Thank you very much for your reply providing me with valuable information.

After setting the required flag(s) would Refresh Database Cache then be required to display the field(s) in the LOV. 

Also, I was informed that I shouldn’t use Edit View in SQL Developer to edit the custom LOV view as after the view is re-compiled when the dictionary cache is refreshed as it would lose the descending elements the integrity is lost and would cause the IFS Application to fail.

How should I best edit the view?  Is there another tool I should use?

Finally, to create a new operational report would I require IFS Developer Studio or is there another tool I can use?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Who did this modification for you, was it IFS or a Partner?

To be specific if you are creating a brand new operational report starting with the report model then you will need to use IFS Developer Studio.  I know some people will say that they have accomplished this without following the proper IFS development process but I will not cover this here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It was an external consultant but I needed to add 2 fields urgently that were in the view but not tagged for the LOV.  I just wanted to know who to do this without using Pl/SQL Edit View  as this would break integrity.

If it can be done could you point me to any help or users.

Is there any descent help on the subject.

Many thanks

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Did this external consultant leave you with the source files for the modification?  Especially the SQL file for the view MY_SHOP_ORD_LOV.