Object connection transformation

• 22 January 2020
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

It is my mistake. I should have written “media item” rather than “media document”.

Here is a screenshot… Am I correct ?

Thanks

/Michel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

you write you would like to attach documents and show them in the connected target LU. At the screenshot you entered the service “MediaLibary”. MediaLibary means, that you connect a media item at the source LU and the media item will be shown at the target LU. For documents you must chose a different service.

Exactly. If you want to use Object Connection Transformation for Attachments / Documents, you need to use the service DocReferenceObject.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

you write you would like to attach documents and show them in the connected target LU. At the screenshot you entered the service “MediaLibary”. MediaLibary means, that you connect a media item at the source LU and the media item will be shown at the target LU. For documents you must chose a different service.

Maybe this is only a small configuration mistake?

Best regards,

Sarah

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I expect to have documents connected to the Source LU to be available in the target LU. This is my understanding… There are indeed media documents connected to the source LU.

I wanted to test it outside IFS, but I do not exactly know what the first parameter looks like.

But it looks ok with the Key transformation test…

Anything wrong in my method ?

Thanks

/Michel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

This is not easy to debug and, I think that your transformation is called from IFS MWS, which means you will not find it in the debug console).

You need to make sure your transformation method actually works, but running it outside IFS. You need to send in correct input, in the form of a LU name and key ref (as I remember it), and it must produce another correct LU and key ref as output (or a list).

To have something to compare with, try run any of the other transformation IFS ships with, and see how they behave.

If you post your method here, perhaps we can spot a problem with it. Also, when you say it does not work, what does it actually mean? :) What are you testing with? What did you expect? Are there documents connected to the Source LU? Many things can go wrong when you first try this out…

/Mathias