Question

"Not allowed to delete a note" when trying to delete a login

• 17 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I get the below when trying to delete a login even though the login is fully empty: 

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you share some more details? Which screen is this and what steps are you following?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks! This is in user details. I went in and disconnected the person object, removed all sites, permissions, and etc. But when I click “delete” I get the below message:

Userlevel 7

Thanks! This is in user details. I went in and disconnected the person object, removed all sites, permissions, and etc. But when I click “delete” I get the below message:

That looks a lot like a custom event message. Since it’s “information”, it shouldn’t stop you from proceeding though. Are you saying the user isn’t deleted? 

If you start the debug console, can you see which event triggers this message?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Correct, the user is not deleted. Also here is the debug, where would I see which event it is tied to?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

UPDATE: 

It looks like there was a restriction where the admin could not delete the note if you are not the user who wrote the note. The reasoning we were thinking was maybe for referential integrity, but we were hoping instead of tying the notes to a username it would tie to a person object so we can delete and reclaim usernames. Looking in the SQL API code it looked like at one point it could be done but now it cannot. A note is we are on UPD14 so maybe it is solved in a future update. Our solution will be to try a data correction on this table and tie it to a generic account so that the notes are no longer tied to the terminated user account but a generic or system account. 

Badge +2

It seems this same error message is coming for cloud versions as well. But I was able to mange this according to the above comment.