Question

Navigation button IFS CLOUD

• 12 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

I wonder if it is possible to add a button that will appear depending on the status of the order? Where in the system to define the logic for this event?

I want to add a button on the purchase order page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @kacperifs,

Unfortunately it’s not possible with page designer yet in IFS Cloud. If you need to add the command as a customization if you need to conditionally enabled.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Badge +6

Hi @dsj 

Do you have any guide or tips how to make it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dsj 

Do you have any guide or tips how to make it?

You can do it with providing an expression for Enabled condition of the command control

Client Control Properties List - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Here’s a very simple example which will enabled a button based on state

Hope it helps!

Damith

Badge +6

Hi @dsj

Thank you for helpful link to technical documentation but I’am still not sure where to define that code for a button in system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @kacperifs 

For that, you need to do a customization development which typically involves a developer. I hope you are familiar with IFS Cloud lifecycle for customization development. Otherwise check below link for details.

Customer Solution Development - ALE Documentation For IFS Cloud

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Building on what @dsj said, is there a Command already defines, which does the navigation you want to do? or do you need a brand new navigation path and enable/disable it conditionally?

Badge +6

Hi @Rukmal Fernando 

I need information on where specifically I can add Command to an existing button so that it displays depending on the status of, for example, an order. This is possible to do only in build-place?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@kacperifs how about this page from the Documentation, especially the section “Navigation Link” - does this cover what you’re looking for?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/#adding_a_executeaction_type_command

The only downside here is that these are not conditional (i.e.: possible to show/hide on the fly). What page are you trying to navigate into? If there is an existing Command for that, you may be able to do something conditional.

Badge +6

Hi @Rukmal Fernando 

I want to add button at Purchase Order which will be navigation link to Inventory Part in Stock where it would be visible only for  conditional: OBJSTATE = ‘Received’