Solved

navigate to window in lobby for element which is based on IAL-data-source

• 16 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi all,

I have my data source based on an IAL. As I learned the where-statement should be made in the data source when I want to navigate form the element to a window:

My element looks like this:

But clicking on the element within the lobby does not show the data:

Any tipps and tricks how to solve that?

Thanks a lot for your input!

Mattis

icon

Best answer by samuelandlopes 27 April 2021, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi all,

I have my data source based on an IAL. As I learned the where-statement should be made in the data source when I want to navigate form the element to a window:

Mattis

What does your IAL look like? You need the project IDs in your IAL to navigate to the page showing the related projects.
Instead of doing the count in the IAL, setup your IAL to include all rows that you want to count and then in the lobby data source, set the columns to be project_id and count(xyz) (group by project id). 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks, anmise!

The IAL: 

My updated data-source:

My lobby element: 

What am I missing? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Userlevel 7

Thanks, anmise!

The IAL: 

My updated data-source:

My lobby element: 

What am I missing? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Can you set the column to your count i.e. countactivity_seq and the aggregate to None? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@anmise : thanks for your input! I still get a result for the element, but the navigation still does not work. I have the feeling with this setup it is not working or do we have any other options?

Userlevel 7

@anmise : thanks for your input! I still get a result for the element, but the navigation still does not work. I have the feeling with this setup it is not working or do we have any other options?

I’m have a vague memory that navigation might not work with IALs and counters. Can you do a list element instead? Or can you maybe use the project_base view with an exists condition e.g. exists (select 1 from ifsapp.activity_ext_without_access act where   project_base.project_id=act.project_id and act.description=’END OF WARRANTY’)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @IFSmattis ,

As I understand, it’s better to go with a list element since it gives you to map IAL column outputs to the view you are navigating. 

Because condition doesn't work unless the page you are navigating to is based on that view (In this case it is an IAL).

Or if you could tell me what you expect to do using this element then I could suggest some other solution depending on your requirement.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi all,

Mattis

Hi,

I do like this and works well for me.

You can already count in the column

Hope it helps You.