Question

Missing keystroke issue

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

Sometimes IFS Applications a little freezing. Delay between keystroke and number apearing is noticeable. There is not significant network latency and also during this database calls are missing. It occurs on customized windows and standard as well.
No specific user, hardware(PC, notebook, etc) issue.

The delay time is not very annoying but time to time some keystoke is missing. This is very big problem. All input data have to be verified twice.
Do You have any ideas what is the source of problem?

Please look at video https://easyupload.io/m5fbyk from 20s.

IFS10 UPD12 on IFS Cloud infrastructure.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

The checkbox issue appears to be the same thing I encounter in the admin area.  The focus change in controls takes one click and a second click to take an action.  I have not found a way around this in the admin area.  I just accept it and move on.  Not good if it is now showing up on other screens.

You can try going into the options area and turning on Optimization for slow networks.  I doubt this is the problem, but it is something you can try.

I suspect it is a focus issue with the grid control.  It looks like it is trying to execute an event action and does not return focus to the correct location.  This is something that I have to be careful with on web pages as those controls do not always handle cursor focus well. 

I am assuming you do not have some sort of keystroke recorder running and no screen scraper running correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mwilson 

Sorry for my late response.
This is not exactly checkbox issue. It also occurs problem as You described - two clicks is needed but this is meaningless in our case.
Most important is that enduser typing digits and some of them are missing when changing prices for Customer Order Line. For example keystroke sequence is 2345,6 but result is 234,6.
With this enduser has to double check their input.
I asked customer to set "Optimize for Slow Network" - still I have no feedback.

I hope there is no any keystrikje recorder running or screen scraper or any other IT monitoring software behind. I need to confirm this.

I also noticed many db call during validation process when price on COL is changed:

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Yes the optimize for slow network also has other check boxes where some of those calls can be combined into one pl/sql block reducing the network traffic.

I am not certain that is your problem.  The process to talk back to the server for verification usually happens when you exit the field not while you are in the field.  It could be a virus/security scanner on the PC causing this delay.  Does this happen with any other applications or just IFS?  How many CPU cores does this PC have?  If only two then the virus scanner has a good chance at being the problem.

Windows diagnostics process

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thank You for advice. The keystroke issue is not permanent. It occurs time to time during normal workday. I do not know about the same problem with other applications. I need to check PC’s details.

I think about installation keylogger sotware but it will be problem with virus scanner so by the way I need to ask for disabling it for some period time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mwilson 

Setting "Optimize for Slow Network” to true resolves problem but this is only workaround. This is quite disturbing because enduser has no information about attachments - it is only available on demand by clicking hyperlink.

When "Optimize for Slow Network” is false then in debug console I see  when I change record by clicking down arrow that service request ObjectConnectionServices/GetCountAttachment is called.

Customer is using AD authentication so maybe IFSPLSQLAP user firstly is trying to authenticate in AD. But there is no AD account connected with IFSPLSQLAP user so next DB authentication is used.

We are tried with customer to connect IFSPLSQLAP user with AD account to reduce web service request time but with this confiugration application does not work properly. “The directory id IFSPLSQLAP is not allowed to run application” - this message occurs in application messages.