Solved

Migration Job - Updating Price List

• 23 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all (me again!)

Off the back of my previous topic and @RavinduS help I have managed to import my price list however I have hit a different issue. 

If I enter a sales price manually on the Sales Price List → Part Based tab (and press tab/save) it will auto populate the following fields.

Calc Sales Price
Sales Price Incl Tax
Base Price
Base Price Inc Tax

When creating the migration job the following fields (with flag MIU) are required to have a value which normally are auto-populated off of the Sales Price being entered however if I don’t enter a default value the migration job error’s out demanding that the field has a value.

ORA-20124: Error.NULLVALUE: Field [SALES_PRICE_INCL_TAX] is mandatory for Sales Price List Part and requires a value.

For now I have entered ‘0’ into the default value field to get around the error for the following fields.

BASE_PRICE
BASE_PRICE_INCL_TAX
PERCENTAGE_OFFSET
AMOUNT_OFFSET
SALES_PRICE
SALES_PRICE_INCL_TAX

The downside is that having a default value here means that it enters this value into the table and doesn’t run the routine to auto-calculate the sales price incl tax.

If I overwrite the Sales Price it will now populate the Sales Price Incl Tax however the Calc Sales Price remains at 0.00 (Lines 1 & 2). Not really an issue in this instance but maybe further down the road...

Has anyone come across this before? If so how did you get around it?

At the moment my go to fix is to go to the Price List → Part Based tab and remove and re-entered the sales price to trigger the calculation which is rather tedious and close enough to entering the lines manually anyway.

The alternative is get the end user to add a tax price incl tax column on the spreadsheet and have them manually update this although more prone to error’s being made.

Regards
Nathan

icon

Best answer by JULIAN 24 January 2020, 16:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Did you check if there perhaps is a function that can provide the “calc sales Price” based on input of sales Price (which you entered) 

we encountered something similar when migrating pm action conditions. 
Adding a condition line on pm action will automatically populate the last recorded value column but in migration it didn’t. 

to solve it we found a function which would return the last record value for us based on information we would migrate to the table anyway. 

Hope it is clear else let me know and I can try to explain better. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @JULIAN,

I kind of went down that route already and identified (using debug tool) that it calls customer_order_pricing_api.calc_sales_price_list_cost__ however a little unsure how to leverage that during the migration job.

If you have more information (maybe screenshots) on how you managed to get around it it would be much appreciated!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You will just add it in default. and fill in the parameters which the function needs.

This is an entirely different migration but that is how you call the function. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @JULIAN 

Using your explanation I have now catered for 4 out of 5 of the mandatory fields. For now, due to the urgency on importing this data I have had to manually calculate the 20% Tax prior to import but thanks for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @JULIAN 

Using your explanation I have now catered for 4 out of 5 of the mandatory fields. For now, due to the urgency on importing this data I have had to manually calculate the 20% Tax prior to import but thanks for your help!

I actually have not tested the multiplikation but i would Think it would accept something like Price *1.20