• 10 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 35 replies

Hi, 

I want to optimize  the looby ‘s usage

Other than we can optimise sql,  or/and we can fix a timeout, does the option (see below) auto refresh  with a larger range   ( for example each two hours instead of ten minuts) improve  the perfomance?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Ines ,

Refresh occurs either on navigation, explicit refresh-button clicks or automatically defined in the page. Based on update level of the data, you could set the refresh the time. Otherwise there could be situations where it may invoke calls unnecessarily at each refreshing time  (especially if it was set automatically with a small interval) for not so rapidly changing data. So, first analyze the nature of the lobby element data, and based on the information on how often it gets updated, then decide the refreshing rate.

Furthermore, based on the track, you may refer following documents for further references to optimize the lobby performance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Ines,

Lobbies have a timeout of 60 seconds, however, this can’t be configured as far as I know from the application. So if the data doesn't reach the client within 60 seconds it will not retry unless that your refresh interval is too narrow. If your data doesn’t change frequently please go ahead and change the refresh interval to a larger value that will certainly improve the performance and reduce the load in the database.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

As a general rule, all Lobby Elements should populate with data within 5-10 secs, anything higher than that I would recommend going back and reviewing the Lobby Data Source again for improvements, whether that is optimising the SQL, using a replicating IAL or even reassessing the actual design requirements.

Tweaking the timeout (if that is even possible) or the refresh rate does not really address the performance issue … a user can still hit the refresh icon manually 50 times and for a data source that is not optimised this will just be a constant drain on the server’s resources anyways.