Question

Lobby data source preview returns count, but lobby overview shows X (not working)

• 5 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +6

When I preview my data source I see the following count returned in the data source preview and database (toad)

However, when in the lobby overview, the element is not returning data 

Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

What does it say when you hover over the X?

Badge +6

“The operation has timed out” @spetkus27 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How long does your query take to run?

Badge +6

@spetkus27  75 seconds

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

That sounds like you need a better performing query. You could create an IAL (which can use tables) to pull in the contributions if you actually need to run that query as-is. Otherwise, you could try to refactor the query to get better performance. Either way the UI will time out if your data takes minutes to return.

Badge +2

Are you loading the lobby logged in as app owner ?

or else grant the permissions 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, regarding performance the first thing you can try to do is remove API call from where clause, because for now you simply 334691 time calls this API to get one counter value.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I think the count in the Element Designer is counting the amount of lines of an ‘count’ in the Data Source. 
Which does not make sense, because the count in the data source wil return only 1 line.

I think that if you change the “count(*)” in the data source to “ORDER_NO” , the data source will return a lot of lines. Then, the element designer is able to count to  amount of “ORDER_NO” results. 
Can you give this a try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bpamlin,

I agree with the others who have commented above that the best option is to improve the query. However, in case you fail to do that, another option is to increase the timeout for Lobby elements. 

You can do by increasing the value given for timeoutLobbyElement parameter in the Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings file. The default value for this is 60000 milliseconds, which is equivalent to 60 seconds. Since your query takes 75 seconds to run, this has to be the reason why you get the X in the element. 

Please find the documentation on this here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/280_lobby/070_development_guidelines/default.htm#fmwPerfBound

You will find the  Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings_sample file located in \\<IFS_HOME>\repository\client\runtime directory.

You should make a copy of this file and remove the “_sample” extension and do the changes on that file. Client updates may change the default setting values and update the sample file but settings specified in the Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings file will not be changed during updates. So you do not have to keep updating this file after every delivery installation.

Please refer to the documentation on this here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/020_installing_fresh_system/010_planning_installation/015_client_tier_considerations/default.htm

Hope this helps!