Issues with in built fucntionality

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Fellow IFS Experts,

I am stuck in a problem where I need to schedule a quick report to be sent to a user.

i have followed this document to do so -  https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm#:~:text=be%20checked%20in.-,Schedule%20Quick%20Report,schedule%20an%20Application%20Server%20Task.

Strangely I am getting the following error in the application message when the scheduled database task runs the Application Server task I created -

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this ? I am also attaching my appl. server task here - 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @amrflynn ,

Could you please double check your SQL statement and check if it has a “WITH” clause?  
Asking this because as far as I’m aware, it’s not possible to execute SQL expressions that begins with "WITH" clauses in quick reports. SQL expression is directly executed when previewing a quick report and it's executed through PL/SQL access provider when exporting to excel. Therefore, it’s not possible to use SQL expressions that begins with "WITH" clauses to export to excel due to a limitation in the PL/SQL access provider. 

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @amrflynn ,

Could you please double check your SQL statement and check if it has a “WITH” clause?  
Asking this because as far as I’m aware, it’s not possible to execute SQL expressions that begins with "WITH" clauses in quick reports. SQL expression is directly executed when previewing a quick report and it's executed through PL/SQL access provider when exporting to excel. Therefore, it’s not possible to use SQL expressions that begins with "WITH" clauses to export to excel due to a limitation in the PL/SQL access provider. 

Kind regards,
Dinushi

No it does not have a WITH statement but it makes me wonder what all are the limitations of PLSQL Provider do you have any knowledge about it ? because my sql statement uses ORDER BY, NVL, Subqueries and division operators. Do they cause errors ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @amrflynn ,

Known Limitations in App9 are:

1. SQL expressions which do not start with "SELECT" clause (Example: "WITH") are not supported due to a limitation in the PL/SQL access provider. Output channels could be used in such cases to export data to excel file.
  2. SQL expressions cannot have bind arguments in the GROUP BY expression.
  3. SQL expressions cannot have non English characters such as Å,Ä,Ö as parameter names. However parameter values can contain such characters.

App9 documentation: https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps9/foundation1/040_administration/250_reporting/020_adhoc_reporting/010_quickreports/default.htm#Known_Limitations

Limitations 2 and 3 seem to be eliminated in App10.
App10 documentation: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/010_quickreports/default.htm#Known%20Limitations

Could you please re-check whether your SQL statement satisfies the requirements?

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Please check that your SQL statement does not start with a blank character.

BR​​​​​​​

Johan Lindström

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

BR

Johan Lindström

It was in fact the issue of extra space at the very start. I fixed that error but now I have this new error for Quick Report ID which is also weird because the ID it shows is not visible anywhere - Entity instance not found. (QUICK_REPORT - QUICK_REPORT_ID=624083.0)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

BR

Johan Lindström

It was in fact the issue of extra space at the very start. I fixed that error but now I have this new error for Quick Report ID which is also weird because the ID it shows is not visible anywhere - Entity instance not found. (QUICK_REPORT - QUICK_REPORT_ID=624083.0)

Try logging in as IFSAPP while setting up the task and change “Execute As” from “System” to “Initiator”

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Now with errors gone the application message is stuck in waiting state only I tried setting up a time ahead of present time and waited for it to execute but nothing happened there 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Is the Task Schedule setup correctly? Can you show with a picture? 

It will be in waiting state every time it’s not running since it’s a scheduled task, so the waiting state in itself is not wrong.

BR

Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

for testing purpose I have set it to 1 hour

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Does anyone have any views on why this problem might be there ? I am still looking for a solution