Question

Issue with IFS Quick Report File Format for BMO Upload

• 20 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I created an IFS quick report based on the format provided by the Bank of Montreal (BMO), where I had to adhere to the specified character count for each segment according to BMO instructions. However, upon uploading to the BMO website, an error occurs, stating, 'The file format type is still invalid as UTF-8 is not supported. If you have any questions regarding the file format type, please kindly contact your software provider.' I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions to resolve this issue.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to the framework section since quick reports are not part of IFS Document Management.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @mislam 

Open the TXT file and click “Save as” and then at the bottom for “Encoding” select the encoding you need. Per default the file is generated with “UTF-8 with BOM” (BOM is the Byte Order Mark and is a hidden control character at the beginning of the file which can sometimes cause issues). Try saving it as “UTF-8” and if that does not work you can still try “ANSI” afterwards. With ANSI you do run the risk of getting corrupted characters though if your file contains non-ascii characters.

Badge +1

Moved to the framework section since quick reports are not part of IFS Document Management.

Thanks Mathias.

Badge +1

Hi @mislam 

Open the TXT file and click “Save as” and then at the bottom for “Encoding” select the encoding you need. Per default the file is generated with “UTF-8 with BOM” (BOM is the Byte Order Mark and is a hidden control character at the beginning of the file which can sometimes cause issues). Try saving it as “UTF-8” and if that does not work you can still try “ANSI” afterwards. With ANSI you do run the risk of getting corrupted characters though if your file contains non-ascii characters.

Thanks Jonas, I will check with your provided guidelines. Hope, will be helpful for me.