Question

Is it possible to use SSO and Database Authentication for Security Checkpoints?

• 10 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

We have some users setup with SSO and the majority set up with Database Authentication.

We use Enterprise Explorer at the moment as Aurena isn’t in our pipeline for the next couple of years. (We are on Apps 10 UPD 8)

We are in the process of setting up SSO so it can be used for Touchapps, and have setup the Active Directory authenticator to allow for these users who use SSO to complete security checkpoints - which works fine

My issue is with the users who have the Database Authentication. When they try and complete a security checkpoint they are presented with the following security error “Error occurred during re-authentication. Check credentials and network connections”. The error message is also displayed for IFSAPP and we have no plans to create an SSO account for it.

Thanks, Callum

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Callum,

When it comes to end user its either SSO or db authentication not both at once. But when the end users are setup for SSO with azure ad for example you can use IFSAPP(application owner) with database authentication. this is done through the IEE admin link(first row second IEE link, which says admin at the end. to get to this page add /admin to the end of your access URL). This can also be used for end users who want to login with db authentication, in that case those end users need to change their directory id in the user window to reflect it. 

when it comes to security check point it has to be either sso or db it cannot be mixed in my experience. hope this helps.

Thank you 

Fahad Shafie

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Callum,

When it comes to end user its either SSO or db authentication not both at once. But when the end users are setup for SSO with azure ad for example you can use IFSAPP(application owner) with database authentication. this is done through the IEE admin link(first row second IEE link, which says admin at the end. to get to this page add /admin to the end of your access URL). This can also be used for end users who want to login with db authentication, in that case those end users need to change their directory id in the user window to reflect it. 

when it comes to security check point it has to be either sso or db it cannot be mixed in my experience. hope this helps.

Thank you 

Fahad Shafie

Hi Fahad,

Fully aware it’s either SSO or DB authentication for sign in, it’s the security checkpoints I have the issue with. 
It’s just a vicious circle, we have IFS accounts which are not linked to an AD account that need to perform security checkpoints - If we disable SSO security checkpoints it would work, but then this breaks security checkpoints for the SSO users and flags the same error message. 

I cannot think of a full solution which isn’t either going to mess up our touch apps reimplementation or ruin our existing processes which use security checkpoints  

Callum