Question

Is it possible to create conditional custom fields in IFS Cloud?

• 14 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Our customer has a requirement of creating a conditional custom field as follows,

Scenario: Adding a condition on a custom field that is getting mandatory when a value of another field that is in another entity is TRUE.

(Example: Custom field of the Customer Order page is getting mandatory when the value of the custom field added in the Sales Part page is set to True.)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Can this be done using a custom event or using a PL/ SQL expression in the firstly mentioned custom attribute?

This seems to be impossible to do via the page designer.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Shani,

As far as I know, conditional fields will be enabled in future releases of IFSCloud (perhaps during this year), but also, unless this functionality is extended, I think that you cannot make a field mandatory with current conditional fields functionality in Enterprise Explorer, based on a value of a field in another logical unit.

But, you could insert another custom field in Customer Order line (I guess) referencing your custom field in Sales part. In this way, both fields (the one you want to make it mandatory, and the field with condition) are in the same LU.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Pilar Franco,

Thanks a lot for the information.

The actual requirement of the customer is to make a custom field on a Customer Order Line (Customer Order > Lines tab) when a checkbox in the corresponding Sales Part is set to true.

Not sure if referencing can be done for a custom field (referencing the custom attribute added in the SalesPart LU to CustomerOrderLine LU). I'll try and see the possibility. :)

Best Regards,
Shani

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

A simple workaround to this would be to create a custom Event that runs when (before) the record is saved, which checks the checkbox and if TRUE it must have a value in the custom field you’re saving.  No need for anything fancy in the field itself.  In your scenario, if the checkbox is checked and the field is empty then maybe show an error message to the user and prevent the record from being saved.

Sometimes the old ways are the best ways :)

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @NickPorter

Thank you for sharing this. I’ll try out. :)
Got to know that Conditional Fields concept is not yet available in IFS Cloud, but will be included in a future release.

Best Regards,
Shani