Question

Incoming Customer Orders Question

• 7 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I was just looking to see if anyone has configured incoming customer orders in IFS to find out how this works and how it is implemented?

I was hoping that there could be some online material I could look at and whether it is possible to create an incoming CO using REST API’s.

We are currently operating on IFS10 update 15

Many Thanks,

Dan

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @DanTrayton 

we do that with EDI via IFS connect.

In this screen you have to approve them. Then IFS generates a customer order.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Link ,

Thank you for responding to my question so quickly.

Do you know if there is any documentation on setting this up?

I was hoping that we could call a RESTful API to create the incoming Customer order if possible?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @DanTrayton 

unfortunatelly, we never import customer orders via RESTful API.

Do you use boomi?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The EDI Rest API for creating customer orders via Incoming Customer Order only exists in IFS Cloud. In Apps 10 we only have the web service with XML to create incoming customer orders.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Link  and @Tomas Ruderfelt 

Thank you for your replies.

@Link  - we are currently in the process of implementing Mulesoft - which is similar to Boomi without the direct IFS connectors. This was something I was hoping I could put together to send orders directly to the incoming customer order screen - to be approved.

@Tomas Ruderfelt  - Thank you - I was hoping that IFS would have provided that ability with IFS10 via Aurena in preparation for Cloud. Do you know if there is any documentation on how this would work / configured using web service with XML?

Many Thanks,

Dan