Question

IFSADMIN user not logged in FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB

• 23 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We need to keep track on when someone access our system with IFSAPP or IFSADMIN user.

We created event on FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB and and it works fine when logging in as IFSAPP but for some reason there is no entry in this table when logging in with user IFSADMIN so event does not trigger on IFSADMIN user.

Does anybody know what the reason for this could be??

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

A similar situation had been reported and investigated, with the root cause identified. (CS0194640)

further analysis of the trigger used to fetch user information during login and logout, I've gained some insights to share.

To provide you with a technical understanding of the mentioned triggers (FND_CLIENT_LOGON_I and FND_CLIENT_LOGON_D):

• Whenever a user logs into your application, these triggers are automatically invoked. Utilizing the 'log_id_' parameter, 
  • they retrieve and manage all information pertaining to the current logged-in user, subsequently inserting and deleting records in the 'FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB' table.
  • Specifically, the 'FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB' table retrieves information from the 'history_log_attribute_tab' table using the 'log_id_' parameter.

During my examination of the 'history_log_attribute_tab' table for the user 'IFSADMIN', I observed that there is no corresponding 'Log_id_', thus causing the trigger to fail in inserting the row into the table due to a 0 records.

I cross-verified this behavior with our IFS Core environment, where I found the same result.

You can also verify this in your SQL environment by running the following query:

SELECT * FROM history_log_attribute_tab WHERE OLD_VALUE LIKE 'IFSADMIN'

Warm regards,
Shafraz Mohamed  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

This is my case and thanks for the investigation.

We have strong recommendation from our auditors to track logins with account IFSADMIN, is there any other way of doing this?

/Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Shaaz 

You have just confirmed bug in application. Is it mean it will be patched?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Shaaz 

You have just confirmed bug in application. Is it mean it will be patched?

Hi @knepiosko 

Thank you for your response. We cannot confirm this as a bug; we suspect there may be a reason why this user is not listed under that table. I will update this post once I have an answer to this question.

Warm regards,
Shafraz Mohamed

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Can you setup other users with the FND_ADMIN role and then change the password for IFSADMIN?  Does that fix the issue for IFSADMIN?

I am not familiar with the cloud version.  Are you able to gain access to the database?  If so can you setup a database login trigger to track this?

I am in apps 10, I setup a trigger on the actual FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB  table.  Are you not able to do that?