Question

IFS10 Lobby Basic Permissions

• 9 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

IFS10-UPD9-IEE
very new to lobbies. I copied one out of box Lobby and trying to make it available for user.
so far user can see the Lobby as shown in screenshot below, but cannot click it to access it (open it to full page size) and cannot drill down items

which permissions are required to get the  button ‘GoTo Page’ to access the assigned lobby in full screen mode and can work on it. So far i assign it by clicking on the Presentation Object line from within Lobby and granting it to the Permission Set.

Any link to Basic document on getting starting with lobbies will be helpful. I have watched their webinar already. not talking about permissions 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

You’ll have to grant the user permission to GUI Settings - Lobby Overview and the specific lobby you wish to grant them access.  In the screenshot below if you were to check the checkbox next to the Lobby - WELCOME IFS will automatically grant access to all the components on present on the Lobby - WELCOME screen.    Based on your screen shot you should have a Lobby named Copy Of Accounts Receivable that you will need to grant access to the user in order for the user to open the lobby on their screen.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@william.klotz thanks for your quick reply. I verified and the lobby in question is already granted to that permission set assigned to user, still user cannot open the lobby page, but able to see it granted. :disappointed:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@william.klotz  so, i figured there will be no ‘Go To Page’ button for user , they will need to double click to access the lobby in full screen and drill down :scream: .

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Unless you want the end users to create new Data Sources, Elements and Pages the lobbies can be granted as noted above as noted by @william.klotz .

I believe GoTo page is an option available with lobby designer and will be available for the end users who have been granted the presentation object EE_LOBBY_DESIGN

You can find the details from the F1 doc here:https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/280_lobby/060_security/default.htm

Thanks,

Kasun