Solved

IFS Developer Studio Generic and Code Generator Error

• 27 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I am trying to develop integration projects through IFS Developer Studio.
But I'm getting many errors that I don't know exactly why. And this is really bothering me.
Please help me to clarify this situation.

If there is a more stable IFS Developer Studio version suitable for the following versions, please let me know.

• IFS Customer Version :    9.0.20.0
  • IFS Server Version :    6.90.9.0
  • IFS Developer Studio Product Version :    21.82.856800.20220412 (Build 2022-04-12 08:27)
  • Java Version :    1.8.0_112; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.112-b15
  • Build Version (Given by IFS Turkey Partner) :    9.0 UPDATE 4
  • WebLogic Version (in TeamServer Folder) :    12.1.3

I tried the following parameters to the Developer Studio shortcut (separately - all together):

--locale en:US
-J-Duser.language=en 
-J-Duser.region=US 
-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

I added the following parameters to Weblogic Server > Platform > VM Options: (otherwise Application Server cannot start)

-Duser.language=en 
-Duser.region=US

Common mistakes:

• While creating code in Developer Studio, the process pauses and does not continue. It's waiting for "Code generation..." in the status bar at the bottom right. When I cancel it still gets stuck on this bar.
  • java.lang.NullPointerException Error: I get this error on almost every move. Why does it originate? Believe me, I don't know.

Cannot create/read/lock errors when generating code:

• When I create code for CustomerOrderHandling, I get dozens of these errors.

Please don't suggest the idea of changing the OS language. This doesn't work. I need a permanent solution.
If you wish, for details, for live viewing; I can give a control link for my computer.

Thank you for reading/responding.
Kind regards.

Barış

icon

Best answer by hamalk 6 October 2022, 08:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @baris.halici,

Check if the folders and files are read only in your workspace. seems that’s the error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @dsj,

I have tried this. I checked if the folders and files are read only.

I'm removing the read-only property from all subfolders. When I click on folder properties again, nothing seems to happen.

Badge +1

Hi @baris.halici ,

Looks like length of the file path exceeded the limit allowed by Windows OS.

Can you move the project to a shorter path (Ex : C:\IfsOrderManagement) and give a try.

Best Regards,

Shanil

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @shaalk,

Hi @baris.halici ,

Looks like length of the file path exceeded the limit allowed by Windows OS.

Can you move the project to a shorter path (Ex : C:\IfsOrderManagement) and give a try.

Best Regards,

Shanil

that didn't work.

I changed the operating system language to English. This is the solution I found for now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @baris.halici 

Seems like your OS language is not English and guess it’s Turkish. Could be the default encoding which we have set in Developer studio is not supported in Turkish.

Therefore can try out the following workaround and see. 

1. Locate the folder where the shortcut of the  developer_studio.exe is residing “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs” Select the tool version which you have installed. 21.82..
    1. RMB > Open the properties of the shortcut. Change the “Target” field by adding   “-J-Dfile.encoding=MS1254” as suffix to the given target.

So each time when you open the DevloperStudio tool, the default switch “-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8” will get overridden by Turkish default encoding switch which is ““-J-Dfile.encoding=MS1254”. Therefore  you don’t have to set it manually when you restart the tool. In order to set this, the developer needs to have admin rights. I hope MS1254 is the default encoding for Turkish, 

2. Use that Shortcut to boot IFS Dev Studio.

please refer : 

for more details

Thanks

Harshini

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @hamalk,

Thank you for answer.

I used the these parameters(-Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US) in the shortcut target attachment. I don't think they work very well.
What you say might make more sense.
But I have to say this: I changed the operating system language to English in order not to experience such problems in every IDE tool :-)

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @baris.halici,

When it comes to Developer studio IDE, we do not change the NetBeans version very often, so once this change is done to the target, it will be as it is unless you reinstalled the tool. 

So you can use the workaround which I have mentioned above without any issue. 

Thanks

Harshini