Question

IFS Cloud -> Debug execution of a Event action -> workflow -> BPA?

• 14 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

I’m trying to build a process enrichment BPA in workflow designer. Is there any way to debug the execution of the event action that triggers the BPA? 

Usually if the BPA fails, I just get a generic error message propagated in Aurena.

Unexpected internal server error occurred.

Url: https://bearingpoint-d02.demo.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/SalesQuotationHandling.svc/OrderQuotationSet
Date = 2021-09-14T09:41:24.978Z
Request Id = 6d269dc8-bf75-488d-a002-08c1c97ab384
Client version = 21.1.2.20210507054645.0

It’s impossible to tell what went wrong with the BPA from this error message. 

I would appreciate if anyone could share some tips on how to debug this. @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi ?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi BeaMarceA,

Usually the error raised in AUrean is bit generic.

Can you try the debug console in Aurena and see to identify the issue. You can invoke the debug console as below

Also you can check this via chrome debug console to invoke this press ctrl+shift+I or below

Also there is a log generating called oData.log inside the middleware server . You can check this as well to see any information can be found about the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Sahan Udana ,

I already tried looking into the Debug console, but no luck. The only thing that is shown is: 

Application - POST: [object Object]
Application - UNEXPECTED: (Server Error) Unexpected internal server error occurred. Unexpected internal server error occurred. undefined

Then I also looked in the Log console and there I could see that the event was executed, but no params from BPA are shown. It’s just saying which event is executed. Unfortunately, since it’s an environment hosted by IFS, I have no access to the middleware server to check the oData.log file.

BPA is a highly requested functionality, but at this moment I don’t think it could be used at full potential due to lack of working examples (bpmn files) and poor documentation.

14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"17","time":"783417915","category":"FRAMEWORK","level":"INFORMATION","type":"Framework","text":"Security not checked for EVENT_SYS.Event_Enabled"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"","time":"","category":"","level":"","type":"","text":"17^783417915^FRAMEWORK^INFORMATION^Framework^EVENT^ Event_SYS.Event_Enabled returned TRUE for event OrderQuotation/BPT_NEW_QUOTATION(783417915)"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"17","time":"783417915","category":"FRAMEWORK","level":"INFORMATION","type":"Framework","text":"Security not checked for EVENT_SYS.Event_Execute"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"","time":"","category":"","level":"","type":"","text":"17^783417915^FRAMEWORK^INFORMATION^Framework^EVENT^ Event_SYS.Event_Execute for event OrderQuotation/BPT_NEW_QUOTATION(783417915)"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"18","time":"783417915","category":"FRAMEWORK","level":"INFORMATION","type":"Framework","text":"Security not checked for Fnd_Workflow_Connection_API.Event_Executed"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"","time":"","category":"","level":"","type":"","text":"17^783417915^FRAMEWORK^INFORMATION^Framework^EVENT^ Event_SYS.Event_Execute returned TRUE for action type Workflow and action id OrderQuotation/BPT_NEW_QUOTATION(0)(783417915)"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"18","time":"783417915","category":"FRAMEWORK","level":"INFORMATION","type":"Framework","text":"Security not checked for Fnd_Event_Action_API.Activate_Action"}
14:26:50 TRACE - DATABASE {"origin":"DB","indentation":"20","time":"783417915","category":"FRAMEWORK","level":"INFORMATION","type":"Framework","text":"Security not checked for Fnd_Event_Action_API.Action_Bpa"}

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Sahan Udana  / @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 

I was able to find some documentation related to LoggerDelegate service task, but I’m unsure how this one should be used (where should the service task be inserted in the bpmn? immediately after start? where are the logs displayed?) Do you have any bpmn example where this loggerDelegate is used?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/Foundation1/060_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/050_ifs_delegates/default.htm

Logger Delegate

The LoggerDelegate is a Java class that is used to log process information on the current execution. This can be used in a BPA by creating a service task with a Java Class pointing to com.ifsworld.fnd.bpa.process.LoggerDelegate.

Logger Delegate

Below is the generated XML for the service task.

<bpmn:serviceTask id="Task_0vslbkq" name="Service Task  (Logger)" camunda:class="com.ifsworld.fnd.bpa.process.LoggerDelegate">

<bpmn:incoming>SequenceFlow_1vup4ou</bpmn:incoming>

</bpmn:serviceTask>

The LoggerDelegate can be used to help debug the process at the current state of execution. The variables in the execution and information on the DelegateExecution will be logged and displayed.

Below is the sample output of variables from LoggerDelegate.

LoggerDelegateOutput

Below is my BPMN:

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@BeaMarceA 

Sorry I don’t have prior experience in BPA area. 

Is there any possibility to disable the the event BPT_NEW_QUOTATION (I assume this is custom event that u built not a core one) and see error popping up?

Also you can use autonomous tracing in db side functions(first function call that triggers call stack you provided ) to see if the results are returning in the end. 

These are the thing I usually try out in Aurena investigations. Apologies if these suggestions not helping out.