Question

IFS Cloud 23R2 - Setting up SMB storage

• 8 January 2024
  • 27 replies

Badge +3

Hello,
For one of our Remote IFS Cloud 23R2 Customers, we are trying to setup SMB storage. The SMB share was created by the Customer’s IT team and we are trying to configure the parameters in the ifscloud-values.yaml file by following the guide. ( https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/120_file_storage_for_remote/122_installation_guide/#activating_file_storage_service

The MTinstaller is successful but the ifs-file-storage pod is stuck at Init State. 

Values on Config file

Anyone who have experienced this issue before?

Thanks,
 Nishanth

27 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Mathias Dahl 
of course for test I selected a doc class with approx. 250 documents behind and it went through within approx. 5 mins, however seeing the counts of the most heavy doc classes I don’t think we can run it for ¾ million of documents in 1 go, I guess we will have to split the transfer into some batches (probably by date) which is unf. not possible in the screen so most probably we will have to do it from backend. More over some of the documents have been archived in backup table in different DB schema, so not all the docs are really having file behind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@ORFJAN 

Okay, thanks for explaining and testing. So a little less than 1 document per second. Not very fast, perhaps IFS Connect can be tweaked to allow parallel executions from several queues/processes (whatever they might have there)?

100,000 documents should take ~ 100,000 / 50 minutes = 100,000 / 50 / 60 hours = 333 hours ...

I think you should consider using other means to migrate those documents. There is probably not much we can do with that feature itself. We have no other option than to use IFS Connect there, and the per-document operation means there will be some overhead per document, which adds up.

In theory, the built-in solution (Transfer Documents) could be enhanced and we could transfer documents in batches, or send information via IFS Connect in batches. That might speed things up, but it's something that needs to be prioritized and planned, and it's not an option that's available to you right now.

The FS mig tool is also per-document, but it's more efficient since it does not use IFS Connect. It reads the file from the database and stream that into the FS directly.

Again, another option is to build something more "custom" that can take shortcuts that work for you. A "problem" with generic solutions like Transfer Documents and even the FS mig tool is that it needs to think about all scenarios, all customers. General/generic is often more complex and slower than specific/custom...