Hi all,
I'm getting an issue for 23R1 crystal installation

Installation parameters are as below,

OS version: Windows server 2019

Oracle runtime client: 
   19.3 - 64 bit - WINDOWS.X64_193000_client_home
   19.3 - 32 bit - NT_193000_client_home.zip
   (both tried)

Java: version "1.6.0_45" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_45-b06)

SAP: 1. SAP Crystal reports runtime engine for .NET framework (32 bit) - 13.0.121494
         2. SAP Crystal reports runtime engine for .NET framework (64 bit) - 13.0.303805

Microsoft:    
Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64
Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x84
Microsoft visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable
Microsoft visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - (x86)
Microsoft visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable - (x64)
Microsoft visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable - (x86)

IIS: 10.0.17763.1

IFS Cloud DB: 23R1 

Setup done according to the guideline,https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/#command_line_installation

Both IFSCRWebsetup tried pointing to 23R1 Database at IIS, 

ie: IFSCRWebSetup.msi from 23R1
    IFSCRWebSetup.msi from 22R2 (just to check pointing to 23R1 DB)

test 1:
If I select "Browse" for 23R1 IFSCRWebSetup Ifs_ReportService.asmx from IIS, I'm getting error "Due to security restrictions metadata publishing for the ASMX web service is disabled for this IFS Crystal Web Service instance."

test 2:

If I select "Browse" for 22R2 IFSCRWebSetup Ifs_ReportService.asmx from IIS (just to check), I'm getting page "Ifs_ReportService" and I can select "GetSavedReportA" and then add parameters such as layout name, and then "IFSAPP", and "FALSE". Press "Invoke" gives HTTP500 error.

Could you please provide a solution for 23R1 setup? 

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CovMayurJ 

I have just installed Crystal on 23R1 and have the same issue. If you edit the WEB.CONFIG file in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\IFSCRWebSetup and comment out the custom errors node

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="metadata_request.html" />

and make it this

<!-- <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="metadata_request.html" /> -->

Note, you need to restart the web service after altering this file.

When browsing from the server the web service is installed on, you will get a better more detailed error message.  In my case i get this, so I dont have a solution, but at least I have more detail. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am having similar issues. Can anyone confirm that Crystal is working for them in 23R1? I have built and taken down 3 printer servers trying to get this to work 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

hi @Alex Ivkovic 

From IFS Cloud 23R1 onwards, network policies are enabled by default. Therefore you need to add the crystal web service machine IP address which needs to be included in the cloud values yaml file (ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost).

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/#defining_virtual_directory_for_multiple_web_service_instances

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/200_installing_ifs_cloud/035_ifs_cloud_ifsinstaller/030_installation_parameters/

This is not an error. Metadata publishing is disabled for security reasons from IFS Cloud 23R1 and you'll be redirected to this html page when you're accessing Ifs_ReportService.asmx.

Please refer below for installation parameter execution order. (arguments passed in the command line are given priority than the ifscloud-values.yaml file)

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/200_installing_ifs_cloud/035_ifs_cloud_ifsinstaller/030_installation_parameters/#the_parameters_order

--set networkpolicy.crystalhost=172.16.161.23 needs to be corrected as --set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=172.16.161.23

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values ..\..\..\..\config\ifscloud-values.yaml --values C:\ifsroot\deliveries\23.1.4\InstallationFiles\ifsinstaller\solutionset.yaml --set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=<crystal_host>

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Would 

networkpolicy:
    enabled: false

In ifscloud-values.yaml override that? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Would 

networkpolicy:

"I'm not sure whether it would override, but if it doesn't, you can manually add them in the ifscloud-values.yaml file."

parameter needs to be in installation values yaml (ifscloud-values.yaml) for it to be persistent. However, make sure it's property indented as below.

ifscore:
  networkpolicy:
    enabled: true
    crystalhost: 10.0.45.6

And run pods restart 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Would 

networkpolicy:

"I'm not sure whether it would override, but if it doesn't, you can manually add them in the ifscloud-values.yaml file."

parameter needs to be in installation values yaml (ifscloud-values.yaml) for it to be persistent. However, make sure it's property indented as below.

ifscore:
  networkpolicy:
    enabled: true
    crystalhost: 10.0.45.6

And run pods restart 

Is there a way to test if this is working? I have done this and I’m still getting the error 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Alex Ivkovic ,

Could you please attach (ifscloud-values.yaml) herewith, need to add parameter entries after passwords section. 

Thank YOU

Takesha

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

It is attached to the case however I did add the parameter shown above and I don’t believe it’s the issue as the Middle tier is able to communicate with the print server to some extent

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Our problem turned out to be that"LocalNetworkIpRange":in the main-config.json file was incorrect. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Alex Ivkovic , Could you please share the steps that you followed to get it working after identifying the incorrect "LocalNetworkIpRange":in the main-config.json?

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

For some reason I have yet to figure out changing it in “main-config.json” doesn’t seem to be fixing it.

I run 

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller `
--values C:\IFS\PROD\UB1-MWS-2314RU\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml `
--values solutionset.yaml `
--set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

but I do have to re-run it every time I install a delivery.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @Alex Ivkovic,

I’m still getting the same error when browsing ASMX from IIS. I also noted a mismatch in "LocalNetworkIpRange" in main-config.json. So I edited main-config.json and recreated the Kubernetes cluster. After that I executed 

What did you do, when you notice the incorrect configuration of “LocalNetworkIpRange" and were you able to browse ASMX without any errors after the changes?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I’m assuming you  replaced XXX with the appropriate IP address? 

Here’s a test you can run

Run  kubectl get pods -A

Note the name of the pod with reporting-cr

Run kubectl exec -i -t  {ifsapp-reporting-cr-5ff95c59cc-vcd77 -c ifsapp-reporting-cr} -n {cdfprod} -- /bin/bash 

replacing the appropriate variables  

Then  curl -v http://192.168.0.132/IFSCRWebSetup/Ifs_ReportService.asmx

Changing the IP to your print server

If it says connect time out that’s not good, it will be pretty clear when you have connected to the page. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you @Alex Ivkovic,

I’m still getting the same error when browsing ASMX from IIS. I also noted a mismatch in "LocalNetworkIpRange" in main-config.json. So I edited main-config.json and recreated the Kubernetes cluster. After that I executed 

What did you do, when you notice the incorrect configuration of “LocalNetworkIpRange" and were you able to browse ASMX without any errors after the changes?

Hi,

I am having the same issue since we upgraded to 23.2.1

did you manage to resolve this? 

thanks

Gary