Solved

IFS CLOUD 22R2 - Custom Event Action Type : Rest Call error

• 30 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

I created a simple Custom Event with Event Action  Type Rest Call and Called a POST Action.

e.g.

Rest End Point
https://puhawa5-ru-del1.build.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/PurchaseAdditionalCostTypesHandling.svc/PurchaseAdditionalCostTypes

Authentication = ROPC.

When I trigger the event , it gives me the same error in Application messages even if I use a different Rest End Point. This seems to be a bug (even if I have done something wrong) as I am not sure why I get following error.

“ExecutionException from Sender thread Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 1 out of bounds for length 1”

I cannot find any issue with the payload. 

Event Action Setup

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by GaSoGB 10 November 2022, 10:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Update: IFS Support confirmed that this is a bug. Please refer the update received from them.

This issue is already reported to RnD via incident INC0464746 and Jira task PACZDATA-4537.
The fix is scheduled to be released with the December SU

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Did you get it to work after applying the path in the SU?

I have the same problem, running IFS 22R2 SU5 so I wonder if it is corrected on the 22R2 track.

I have tried both ROPC and Client Credentials and get the same error.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@ovjose ,

My understanding was, it was fixed in December, but I could not verify it as I was on holiday and work with a different customer now.
If you still get the error, it is better if you can report it to IFS Support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I get it working. The problem was the Additional Header Params. The doumentation says “

• Additional Header Parameters: Header parameters that would be set to the HTTP request header can be set here. Enter the parameters in the page. <parameter>=<value> Enter one such parameter per line.”

But typing it in that way does not work. I hade to write them separated with comma “,” to get it to work if I want to have multiple params, for example: Accept:application/json, Content-type:application/json

You have to have the Accept header to get it work it work at all, just having Content-type:application/json gives an error as well

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@ovjose 
You are correct. I also experienced a strange error when testing REST SENDER with outbound request Synchronous message (error is very strange and it does not say anything about header parameters).
You have to specify additional header parameters as you mentioned.