Question

IFS Cloud 21R2SU2 - DB Copy

• 24 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

we have 2 running IFS instances, called DEV and TEST. We took DB copy from TEST to DEV instance and then just applied this command on DEV MT server.
.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values c:\ifsocdev\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml   
All the MT PODs are running fine beside IAM and Connect PODs.
From Oracle sessions it seems the IAM POD can connect DB using IFSIAMSYS and IFSSYS user but then failing.
I was checking REALM tables in IFSIAMSYS schemas and some tables are still referring to TEST instance.
Is there anything on DB to be applied after the DB copy to make the DEV instance running?
Thanks Jan

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ORFJAN,

It’s probably best to delete the destination MT using set action=delete and then do the deployment of the MT after. This was the approach that we use in our cloning scenario and didn’t face a similar issue to what you are seeing. 

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Sajith,
yes, we were investigating issue and we already applied this
.\installer.cmd --set action=delete --values c:\ifsocdev\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml
.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values c:\ifsocdev\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml 
unf. it did not help.
Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ORFJAN ,

That is interesting. Have you raised this with support? The last time i’ve done the cloning activity was when i was running 21.1 so wondering whether this is something new that happens after 21r2. Quite keen to figure that out my self.
Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ORFJAN ,

Just noticed that your iam pod ise in “crashloopBack” Did you check which container this is given that iam pod has 2? what sort of error does the describe command give you? may be the schema is not getting updated because is ifsapp-iam is failing before it gets a chance to re-initialize.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Sajith D ,

last time we did the DB clone with 21R1 too and it was working well, however I was claiming that IAM configurations we did in the application manually was lost and we had to re-create some IAM clients.
I’m sharing dump of the server, it seems IAM pod can connect DB (I can see that from DB sessions) but can not execute some action in DB.
Jan  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Sajith D , we found there is dead process which was alerting in logfile, we removed that and restarted  the DB, this fixed the issue.
However I have to say the IAM configurations we did in TEST are lost again.
Thanks for checking from your end!
Jan

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I have a similar problem as above except that I was installing a new test environment based on ifs_cloud_values ​​from the prod environment. The database reference in the file has changed. IFS Cloud has installed. You can log in to the database, but I have a similar problem with ifs_iam_client (as in the screenshot). In PL/SQL, I don't see a session regarding IFS_IAM. Passwords are similar.
Steps taken:
1) restart the PODs
2) delete PODs
3) reconfiguration
Can you give any hint?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

in addition, there is probably a problem with passwords in the MT logs, but where?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Problem solved. It turned out that there was no physical space on the Oracle server. The messages in this case on MT were very confusing….