Skip to main content
Question

IFS Apps 10 EE UPD23 - SQL Quick Report Parameter Issue

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Starting a discussion on this topic as we seem to have uncovered a bug not previously noted on IFS community which is impacting SQL Quick Reports.  We have raised this as a case with IFS who are currently investigating.  In the meantime I am keen to hear from other customers on IFS Apps 10 Update 23 using EE who may or may not be experiencing this issue.

Specifically, when running “SQL Statement” type Quick Reports the Parameter’s Screen is blank.  Previously this would provide inputs for the various parameters held within our SQL statement, such as Order No.

The SQL code from the reports has not changed, and this happens on all existing and any new reports created.  Crystal Report type Quick Reports are working, prompting for parameters correctly as expected.  I can confirm that the SQL code is correct as when running it in SQL query tool, the parameters are prompted for as expected.  

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so, do you have a workaround?

I am equally keen to hear from any other customer on Upd23 without this issue.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

This happened to us on our Cloud implementation, but refreshing the caches worked to correct it.  Not sure if that would have any relevance to your APPS10 experience, but just wanted to say what worked for us in Cloud, since the symptoms were similar.

Badge +2

This happened to us on our Cloud implementation, but refreshing the caches worked to correct it.  Not sure if that would have any relevance to your APPS10 experience, but just wanted to say what worked for us in Cloud, since the symptoms were similar.

Thank you for confirming.  I tried refreshing Caches however this didnt solve the issue.  Interesting that you had similar symptoms.

Badge +2

To update while the IFS Case is on-going, the issue seems to be related to the front-end of IFS not passing in the correct parameters to a key API. 

This API appears to provide the list of on-screen parameters.  Screenshots below from UPD10 (on a different environment) and our UPD23 environment.  Note the difference at the bottom for the Value in Request.

UPD10

UPD23

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Can you provide the code of a simple quick report with parameters you’re facing this issue with ?

I currently have access to a test environment with Apps 10 UPD23 and I can see if I can replicate the problem.

My own quick report parameters are working fine in that UPD23 environment, so it might be a syntax thing or something.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@JFindlay From Update 17 onward, IFS introduced a new system parameter called “Enable bind variables for SQL Quick Reports in IFS EE”.  A user reported it was set to True by default and when they set it to False, their Quick Reports with parameters started working okay.  

See if you can find it and toggle it off/on to see if that solves your issue.