Solved

IFS 10/Aurena Change Request Form required field

• 3 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am trying to modify the Description field on a Change Request, in Aurena, which is a required field out of the box. It has a size limit of 35 characters. Is there a way to change this to 50 characters instead?

I have also tried creating a custom field to replace the Description, however, the original Description field is required to be filled in for the save button to appear. I have attempted to uncheck the required checkbox on the Description field but it is still required for the save button to become visible.

Any ideas on how to change the Description field size limitation and/or replace it with a custom field so it is not required to save the Change Request?

Thanks….

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 3 February 2021, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ChaFerrellC,

The change of Description field size needs to be handled via a customization.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@dhlelk Thanks for the response. By customization are you talking about a new Custom Field, from somewhere in the IFS Explorer, or at the database level?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@dhlelk Thanks for the response. By customization are you talking about a new Custom Field, from somewhere in the IFS Explorer, or at the database level?

Hi @ChaFerrellC,

By customization, I'm referring to the changes done on top of the core layer and not something like a new Custom Field.
These changes are handled by developments and not configurations.

Custom Field is a type of configuration where the end user is able to setup by themselves from the application itself.
However, you need special tools like IFS Developer Studio to handle customizations.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Ah ok @dhlelk I see what you are saying. Unfortunately due to business requirements we are not allowed to make any changes to core IFS code using customizations. Is there another way you might be aware of that utilizes configurations of some kind to achieve removing the Description as a required field in place of a Custom Field we can control, if we cannot change the Description’s length from 35 to 50 characters?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ChaFerrellC ,

I did a little testing in our environment and I wasn’t able to change the CR Description field so it wasn’t mandatory.   Taking a look at the actual database table configuration ECO_REQUEST_TAB I see the Description field is configured as NOT NULLABLE which means its a mandatory field.  I think to get this changed would require an IFS customization which you indicate you can not have done due to business requirements.  

I think the only option would be to add a custom field to the header of the Change Request where users could enter more details.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @william.klotz so far that is my assessment as well. Still investigating and welcome any other suggestions. I may end up marking this as our best answer if nothing else is figured out after a little bit.

Thanks for looking into this for me.