Question

Identify Print server

• 4 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I don’t know what machine is the Print Server for an installation of Enterprise Explorer Apps 10 that I am working on. I looked in System Parameters but it doesn’t tell me. Is there an Oracle command that will tell me this or is it in a back-end table somewhere? I would like to know the IP address of it.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @jdoherty,

You can query remote_printing_node_tab table to find out the host names of the machines where Print Agents are Installed.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jdoherty,

You can query remote_printing_node_tab table to find out the host names of the machines where Print Agents are Installed.

Hope this helps!

I looked in that table but it only has one row with this in it (see below)

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @jdoherty,

That means it is the only Print Agent registered in the system. This table is populated at Print Agent startup. If there are other Print Agents that are not registered in this table, then that means they were never started. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jdoherty,

That means it is the only Print Agent registered in the system. This table is populated at Print Agent startup. If there are other Print Agents that are not registered in this table, then that means they were never started. 

OK thanks. I found this Service running on a server (see below). The name has “IFSL” in it (the same name as is in the  remote_printing_node_tab table)so that server must be the one with the Print Agent on it.

There probably isn’t a way to find the IP address of the host computer from a Service name?