Solved

IAL deployment error when topic environment creation

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi ,

I have an IAL view which use a custom filed view(CFV) in FROM clause. when the topic environment is created IAL deployment failed with error “ ORA-00942: table or view does not exist”. 

I suspect this is due to configurations are not imported (CFV not there) when the IAL view is deployed as per logs. 

Anyway to solve the issue?

Thu May 26 08:21:30 BST 2022] - INFO: Start executing /opt/ifs/build-home/database/ial.tem
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Finished executing /opt/ifs/build-home/database/ial.tem
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Connection closed
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - WARNING: DB: 7 errors were detected during deployment of DB objects
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Running data import, logs location: /var/log/ifs/cbs/deploy_db
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Trying to connect to the database to import data as user ifsapp
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Connection successfull
[Thu May 26 08:21:34 BST 2022] - INFO: Importing Application Configuration

icon

Best answer by chpelk 2 June 2022, 05:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Wasana,

Provisioning  environments in the BP, consider only what we have version controlled in GIT.

How did you handle custom fields? Are they in GIT or directly uploaded?

But again even you version Custom fields, it will not publish automatically upon provisioning.

If you refer a configuration(custom field, view, LU, etc. ) in some other place, it should be installed and published in the database prior to its use.

In legacy systems prior to IFS Cloud, We created a script to make it even publish to avoid such issues. You may need to modify the deploy.ini to set the correct order of deployment as well.

Best Regards,

Chamila

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Chamila,

Thank you for the information.

Yes custom field is git controlled and it is imported after IAL is the issue.

As i understood from your comments there is no way to change the configuration import and ial deployment order in deploy.ini , may be install.tem .

This means we have to send the configurations to CFG first  via delivery and then IAL?

/Wasana

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This means we have to send the configurations to CFG first  via delivery and then IAL?

Yes, this is best way to handle it.

If you need to send both at the same time through the automation, you need to write two scripts for custom field(publish first) and  IAL(may be as ins) and list them in the deploy.ini. In IFS Cloud, we cannot change the install.tem.

But I prefer to do directly in the use place without having them GIT. But R&D suggestion is to version control all the configs as well. I think we need a discussion here for that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you Chamila. I agree. if we git controlled configurations there should be a proper order with installation. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I highly suggest to create from the configuration a customization and have that field in the CBP git repo too. Never create references like (even when it works and its easy)

CF Field → IAL

IAL → CF Field

P.S. IAL are deprecated, the view should be created in CBP/ git anyway :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi JohannesKnust,

Thank you for the information,  Good point to make configuration as a customization and then use IAL.

in our case, this is an uplift to cloud and old system is using this IAL  , so  we need to keep IAL though its depreciated. 

/Wasana

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am having issues with deploying the IAL too. Seems like I get an error that the Tablespace does not exist but when I check it does exist. Any ideas on why else that could be?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

is the IAL USER(Ifsinfo) is set up? and &AO.. prefix used for view and API calls?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

i think this is set up from what I can see. Not sure how to check if IAL USER is set up.