Question

How to use date on External Search?

• 16 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

I am trying to create an External Search URL. I have no problem with parameters except the date parameter. I have tried the link below. They did not work. Results look random. But when I erase the date parameter. The result comes true. How can I do it?

ifsapf:tbwLaborOperationHistory?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=WORK_CENTER_NO=D0011&DATED=04/01/2021
ifsapf:tbwLaborOperationHistory?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=WORK_CENTER_NO=D0011&DATED=04%2F01%2F2021

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @hhy38,

Please use date type in one of the below format.

YYYY-MM-DD
YYYY-MM-DD-HH24:MI:SS

If you are using IFS Application 9 UPD 7 or lower version you might need to upgrade the binary level as well.

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu Hendawitharana

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Avindu Hendawitharana,

Thank you. But it didn’t work.

Regards,

Hasan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @hhy38,

I had further checked and found that the data in the DATED column is stored in Date time format. So you want the correct data you might need to input detail with timestamp as well.

For me below executed without any issue.

ifsapf:tbwLaborOperationHistory?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=DATED=2011-10-04-15:42:26 

But it will not be a practical solution. Is there any other date column you can consider for the query like Transaction_date or date_applied. They only contain date values in the DB level and the search works without issue.

In above case you need to use below format

ifsapf:tbwLaborOperationHistory?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=DATE_APPLIED=20111004

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu Hendawitharana

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The link throwed an error. If it is work on your app. I think there should be problem with region settings. Can you send your region settings? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @hhy38,

Please find the regional settings as below.

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu Hendawitharana

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Avindu Hendawitharana thank you for the effort. But it still not working. There is a different problem somewhere. If I can find it, I will inform you.

Regards,

Hasan