Question

How to navigate to a screen with from an element on a lobby that has custom object.

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I’m trying to go to the posting proposal screen from an element using the data source condition which has custom objects in data source which are the same on the page. Below is my error and the other screen shot is my navigation settings. Basically i want it to go to the company with the custom site and custom  status so it will populate that information. When I click off use data source condition and only select the company for the target it works with no errors but it displays everything for that company and i want it based on the data sources condition for the company,site and status.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Maggie

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Shouldn’t your target column value for PO_SITE be CF$_PO_SITE? same goes for PO status

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes I had that before and still has the same error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Possibly the custom fields are not in the header section bit the line level, whereas the navigation is pointing to the header section.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Shouldn’t your target column value for PO_SITE be CF$_PO_SITE? same goes for PO status

Yes @malik.sally , Even though the view mentioned is POSTING_PROPOSAL_INV_OVERVIEW, it looks at the base table when navigating. 

Therefore these custom fields need to be available on posting_proposal_head or mapped to the columns available in posting_proposal_head.

But before changing the element designer try approving the detail view in the custom fields window which the page is using when generating. 

@MDGDAUPHINEE if this does not work then go for the above option.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Nadeesha.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

Those are good points. @EntNadeeL  That view for the custom objects are approved for that view. See below

Here is what my element designer looks like