Question

How to link views together for Operational Reports?

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am currently using Crystal Reports to build custom Operation Report layouts. One thing we were told by our consultants, is that Operational Reports cannot have multiple views active, they only have access to the one rep view that is already defined by IFS. Our consultants mentioned it has something to do with permissions and that IFSPRINT/IFSAPP need their permissions expanded on in order to achieve this.

Is this correct? How do we go about linking other views to our rep view so we can add in other fields?

Thanks,
Bryan

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @bdoucette 

You can join as many views as you need to a crystal report.

It is not something IFS recommends but it is still possible. What you need to worry about IFSPRINT is the grants. These kind of reports can only have one parameter and it must have a rep view and joins should start with the rep view.

By doing so, you will get to use any view. But be careful on duplicate records as _rep views contains all the header and details level data.

I have done this for so many years. and it works. 

My customer is using below report as a layout to a standard report which includes other views and custom commands as well. 

The main thing you need to keep in mind is that you will need to grant these views to IFSPRINT because when you run the report from IFS, it is looking through the user IFSPRINT.

Below example is a bit of a complicate one. But try to keep it simple as much as possible and be aware about the joins.

Badge +2

Hi Nadeesha,

I wonder if there are sides effects in doing like that (directly using crystal tu realize customized reports) ? is there a risk of loosing reports in case of release upgrade or packages install ?

thank you in advance

Frédéric