Question

How to create a new tabular model (custom) in the IFS cloud? I mean like to create a brand new model using a set of tables(data sources) of customer choice.

• 8 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

How to create a new tabular model (custom) in the IFS cloud? I mean like to create a brand new model using a set of tables(data sources) of customer choice. That can be done using the IFS Application.

•            create a new model.

•            create a new data source connection.

•            create new tables.

•            create a new table partition.

•            create new table columns.

•            create new measures.

•            create new hierarchies.

•            create new relationships.

Can you please help with this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, I’m not an expert of this area. But I can direct you to the related Technical Documentation, if you happen to have the access. 

I hope this would help. Happy reading.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @GangadharPitta,

The above only describes how you setup the existing Tabular Models.

Tabular Models is not an IFS technology, but a Microsoft one. IFS Cloud only contains ready made ‘shortcuts’ that the Cloud pushes to the SQL server so a traditional installation is not needed (as was the case with Cubes).

I just happened to have a similar customer case, so here’s some information from R&D:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/050_reporting/600_analysis_models/080_customconfig/

we have the documentation around how to customize the model to add a new table, column etc. using the application itself.

If that is not enough, the customer can create a new model of their own by using the tables, views which are already in the SQL server DB using a visual studio project. There is no IFS documentation for that as this is not an IFS offering. Instead it is a standard Microsoft visual studio development and there are sources in the internet.

Once a new model is completed in visual studio it can be imported into IFS Cloud using

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/050_reporting/600_analysis_models/070_admconfclientovw/013_tabmodactions/#tabular_model_import_assistant