Question

How to change the access token and refresh token lifetime values for aurena native apps (Cloud 21 R2)

• 16 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We have a Cloud 21R2 mwO aurena native customer where they get frequent token expiry messages where customer has to enter the user name and the password frequently

Login credentials expire message 

I have checked the mobile log file and I could see the token expiry error frequently(“New refresh token required” log entry ) . I have added the extracted log error log and the full log of the customer as well.

{"LoggedAt":"2022-08-03T10:14:35.582442-05:00","Name":"Exception","Properties":{"Exception":"<Ifs.Cloud.Client.Exceptions.CloudException><Message> New refresh token required

{"LoggedAt":"2022-08-03T17:28:11.274449-05:00","Name":"Exception","Properties":{"Exception":"<Ifs.Cloud.Client.Exceptions.CloudException><Message> New refresh token required<\/Message><StackTrace>

My question is where we could check and change the access and refresh token lifetime values for IFS cloud aurena native apps in order to prevent frequent token expiry and what are the recommended values.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Subash Perera ,

What is the IDP that the customer is using? I would imagine that this is governed by the settings in the external IDP. This is however under the assumption that we don’t use a different set of expiry settings in IAM that we enforce when we exchange the IDP token to IAM tokens.

KeyCloak as far as i know has the ability to set the token expiration per client registration. I don’t however think that we have exposed this in our IAM interface so any change must need to be done even for testing directly in KeyCloak which would be bit problematic.

Cheer,