Solved

How does copying work for IFS Cloud environments hosted by IFS?

• 25 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

We have noticed that some of our customers' data is not included when IFS recopies environments (e.g. PROD to UAT).

In fact, our customer had a system parameter which was present in the PROD environment, but which did not appear in the destination environment after the recopy.

I'd like to know whether IFS performs a dump when recopying or whether a script excluding certain tables is executed?
If so, can you provide us with the list of tables excluded during recopying?
Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Technical Toby 6 February 2024, 15:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,
Could someone answer my question?
Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @TheoB 

For this, you should open up a ticket for the support team to answer this question.

By standard, there are specific parameters which can not be copied or have to be rewritten after the copy. 

In the default situation, there are scripts running to clone the database. Including some extraction of data, mostly for the authentication stuff, to prevent errors. 
Those are imported to the database afterwards.

But it might also depend on the specific parameter. 

Kind regards,
TT

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

HI @Technical Toby ,
Thank you for your reply.
I created a ticket and was asked to ask the question on IFS Community instead...

Do you have this list of items/records that would not be copied? 

Thanks in advance.
Théo

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hey @TheoB 

What I am aware of is the following information:

These are the objects which should be “restored” after a clone.

I guess, from the default perspective, it is the same in managed cloud as on remote when it comes to cloning. 
Regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@TheoB please also check this post.

Environment cloning could be ordered via Service Now and it will be executed automatically

New Service: IFS Cloud Environment automated Cloning (Non-Production) - now Live on IFS Service Center! | IFS Community