Solved

Heavy migration issues

• 18 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am trying to bring over customer and supplier invoices using the heavy migration tool.  The containers load successfully, migration prerequisites job executes without error, but when we try to bring over a couple of items to test, nothing is written to the tables.  There are no errors, but it simply leaves the row unprocessed.  The execution log:

Start migration: MTK_SUPPLIER_INVOICE_API/Phase:1 Jun 16, 2020 16:56:17

Live mode migration.

Processing entire primary input cursor.

Displaying message level info1 and higher.

Setting Database Optimizer Object Statistics preference CONCURRENT = OFF . . .

Prerequisites completed successfully.

Migrating invoices matching Company: % and InvoiceNo: % . . .

End migration: MTK_SUPPLIER_INVOICE_API/Phase: 1 Jun 16, 2020 16:56:19

Insert error count:  0

Other error count:  0

Commits performed:  2

Rollbacks performed:  0

TableMonitoring_Update: Oracle Cost Based Optimizer statistics updated in 2 seconds.

Is there any way to get any more information?  Without knowing why this row is unprocessed, it is very challenging to troubleshoot.  Thank you in advance for any help.

Marty

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 18 June 2020, 17:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Marty,

I have a IFS Applications back ground and MTK_SUPPLIER_INVOICE_API doesn't ring a bell at all to me. Which application/version are you using?

Steve

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are using IFS10 Update 6 - working on importing AR and AP invoices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Marty,

I have an IFS 10 update 6 environment as well and there is no MTK% view nor MTK% package. I have the idea that this is a custom api.

Which options (what is the path) are you using in IFS?

Steve

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Steve,

The path is:

Data Migration Applications → Execution → Migration Execution

We are going from a different ERP system and using the IFS Heavy Migration Tool to bring in this data.

By the way, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to the question!

Marty

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Uh, OK. I would suggest to look at:

I was confused with the ‘IFS Heave Migration Tool'. This doesn't exist as such. Either it is called FND Migration or Data Migration.

Steve

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Understood.  I am new to data migration - this is my first foray using the MTK module and we have a couple hundred to bring in.  Is the method I was referring to as the “Heavy Migration Tool” simply known as “Data Migration?”

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is what I understand to be data migration:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Steve,

OK.  Thank you for your input - we are going to look at your suggestion of using the external file to start.  I appreciate the suggestion!

Marty