Question

"Hard Returns" in a Document Text

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Experts,

I need to add a list of bullets into a document text.  Can that be done? Can you explain that magic step I am missing?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I take it that this is macro related question of DocMan. Not sure if you are able to directly ‘write’ bullets in the document, but would it not be possible to insert a normally not used character (like '{‘ or ‘[‘ or chr(206) for ╬) and in a post macro change these into bullets? Maybe chr(250) or · (what you get when you type Alt+250) as a bullet?

Badge +1

Hi EQBSTAL

That is not quite what I am trying to do.  It is in Document Text, a Phrase to be specific.  And it is not really the bullet character I am looking for, would be OK to have a dash even.  What I mean is, I need a LIST, so I need to have a “hard return” between each bullet point.

I have copy/pasted into my Doc Text Phrase some sample text, first set of data below, which is a list with “hard returns” at the end of the line so it wraps around to the next line.  But when I print the report associated with the IFS Object, it just looks like the second set of data below - simply one long string of data. How do I get the hard returns??

• Sample 1
  • Sample 2
  • Sample 3

· Sample 1 · Sample 2  · Sample 3

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

What report (Invoice, Picking Slip, Purchase Order or something else) is the document text connected to?

What type of report is used? Quick Report, Report Designer or Chrystal Reports or another one?

Badge +1

Ultimately, I am trying to use this on a custom report which will probably be through Report Designer, but I have also tried this on Sales Quotation - is that a Crystal Report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Don't have a clue why this should not work. Sales Quotation is most likely (if still standard IFS is being used) a Report Designer formatted report. Crystal Reports is the tool that one can use to have other settings or one has the knowledge already in house to make/change Crystal Reports. Crystal Reports are not standard delivered in IFS. Support for Crystal Reports is still available in IFS22R1.