Solved

Finding Custom Projection in API Explorer

• 19 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are running Apps10 UPD10

We created a new CustomLU in IEE and selected the “Create Projection” option.  Now we are in API explorer, looking for that custom projection.

We figured out that CustomLUs are listed in the Aurena API Explorer screen with CustomProjection as the prefix in the Projection name (example - CustomProjectionCustomerStandard).  

We are seeing our other CustomLUs in the list, but not the one we created today.  

What steps publish the projection to API Explorer?  I’m not sure what we did differently on this one?

and PS - suggestion to make this more useful.  All CustomProjection% APIs have the exact same description “Autogenerated Project for Custom LU”  It would be very useful if either the prompt or the comment from the CustomLU definition (if available) were used here.

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 19 May 2021, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jhooperyan ,

Check whether your created projection is listed in below location. check whether that is published and if not go to detail view (you can get Detail view menu item in  the line level)and try to publish and check in the API explorer. I checked one of the unpublished example here and able to get that to API explorer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I would have thought that when you publish/synchronise the custom logical unit in EE and assuming you have checked the Create Projection option, it will at this point create and publish the custom projection so that it will be available in the API Explorer as well.

Have you checked within Solution Manager/Application Configurations/Manage Projections/Projection Configurations that the actual custom projection is present?  If so, then the projection should be available in the API Explorer.

On a side note, you don’t have to utilise the Create Projection against the custom logical unit in EE, you could equally create the custom projection manually in Aurena and give it a more meaningful name.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I checked Manage Projections > Projection Configurations and my new CustomLU / Custom Projection is not there at all

So now I’m not sure what to try next.

And question for @Technical Outlaws - the reason I am creating my Custom LU in IEE with create projection is because I need to use the LU as a custom tab in IEE and I want to use the API in Aurena to populate the data (this LU will display info sent from an external system).  In that case, I think I have to create the Custom LU in IEE with the Create Projection option.  Or can I create the Custom Projection in Aurena and have it create the CustomLU for IEE?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The custom logical unit needs to be created in EE, that is for sure, I am not disputing that. (Until the functionality to create custom logical units is available in Aurena)

What I was saying is that the custom projection can be auto-generated from EE OR you could create it manually in Aurena.

In your situation, try unpublishing and publishing the custom logical unit again in EE, then check if this has recreated the custom projection again in Aurena.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Technical Outlaws - Thanks! The unpublish/republish worked.