Question

External Supplier Invoice Document Files - Blank PDF?

• 28 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all,

I am importing the external supplier invoice’s image from .pdf -document, but this image seems to be empty/blank.
I created a new Reader below:

And I created a new Routing Rule aswell, which is connected to this Reader. (This is connected to a Example_Document_File_Import Routing Address):

In Application Messages I can see .pdf successfully imported:

When I open this “Input Message Data”, this pdf seems to be empty/blank. Original .pdf which were imported were not empty/blank.

I can see this same empty/blank pdf-file in External Supplier Invoice Document Files -page also. When I use “Load File” -button in External Supplier Invoice Document Files -page, this .pdf is not imported as blank. This IFS Connect for some reason imports this .pdf as blank.
I have tested also file formats .jpg and .tiff, but they did not seem to work at all.

Do you have any idea why this pdf is imported as blank in IFS ? 
I am using 22R2 SU3 -version.

Thank you for your time!

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Has anyone else repeated this issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

What is your IFS version + SU ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am using 22R2 SU3 -version in IFS Cloud.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you !

To be clear so when you import via Example_Document_File_Import  a PDF file having contents, it gets loaded but with no content (blank); am I correct ?

Have you checked loading the same PDF file, Manually in to the ‘External Supplier Invoice Document Files’ page ?

If its allowed it can be due to the size of the file, etc. Therefore better you report it to IFS so they can investigate and revert back to you.

Gr,
Tharanga

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi all,

I am importing the external supplier invoice’s image from .pdf -document, but this image seems to be empty/blank.
I created a new Reader below:

And I created a new Routing Rule aswell, which is connected to this Reader. (This is connected to a Example_Document_File_Import Routing Address):

In Application Messages I can see .pdf successfully imported:

When I open this “Input Message Data”, this pdf seems to be empty/blank. Original .pdf which were imported were not empty/blank.

I can see this same empty/blank pdf-file in External Supplier Invoice Document Files -page also. When I use “Load File” -button in External Supplier Invoice Document Files -page, this .pdf is not imported as blank. This IFS Connect for some reason imports this .pdf as blank.
I have tested also file formats .jpg and .tiff, but they did not seem to work at all.

Do you have any idea why this pdf is imported as blank in IFS ? 
I am using 22R2 SU3 -version.

Thank you for your time!

Hi 

I faced the same issue. i changed the ifs connect reader from File to FTP. After the FTP setup (reader) then the file was imported correctly (not Blank anymore)