Question

Exporting file to shared drive using IFS Connect

• 22 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I was wondering if someone has been able export a file to a shared drive using IFS connect. I have created a routing address with file sender that is linked to a new connector sender.

In that connector sender I have specified shared drive as the output directory and granted SYSTEM read and write permission to that drive but I am still not able to write to that drive. I keep getting 

Error while sending data... 
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not create directory or the file exists and is not a directory 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to the framework section since IFS Connect is not part of IFS Document Management.

Which IFS version are you using, where does the file comes from? Can you show us some screenshots of the settings?

Badge +2

Hi Mathias, 

We’re currently on APPS 10. I have set up a Connector sender  with a specified out directory as following: 

I have then created a routing address as following: 

When I carry out a test I get the error message below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@ZAEDOMNYA In a first step I would check if you can write to a local drive to confirm there isn’t a general issue.

If that works I suspect a permissions issue. You said you have granted SYSTEM read and write permission. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here: The IFS MWS usually runs under the “LocalSystem” account of the server machine, so to grant access to a network share you will have to grant access to “<machinename>$” where <machinename> is the name of the MWS machine/VM.

See example here as well: https://serverfault.com/questions/135867/how-to-grant-network-access-to-localsystem-account

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It's an access problem or... the other thing the Java error mentions 🙃