Solved

Event to Fire Upon New Shop Order Creation

• 26 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Looking for some help with an issue I am having.  I am trying to setup an Event that will allow my event action to fire when a new shop order is created and they click the save button.  So I have the event created on the ShopOrd logical unit and have the checkbox checked for Fire When: New objects are created.  But I do not get the event action to trigger.  I have modified the event to also check the box for when objects are changed and then I can get my event action to trigger, but ONLY when I change one of the attributes I have selected.  So, my question is….how do I get the event action to fire upon the initial creation and save?

This is in Apps 9 by the way...Any help is appreciated...

icon

Best answer by Dumeesha Wanigarathna 26 August 2021, 14:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @STMVALENTINE ,

What kind of actions are you going to write ? Is it a online sql or email or etc ?

I checked the below setting in App 10 environment. I guess there will be no difference  with app9.

With this set up my error message is triggered at saving a new record.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Mine, is online sql.  And setup the same as yours.  So, mine must be a bug issue with Apps 9 or something else.  At least you have confirmed that it SHOULD be firing.  Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @STMVALENTINE ,

I checked in app9 latest environment too with email type event action as below. It was too triggered and notification for the email was created.in application messages.

Please check whether the event window is correctly filled. Have you given the table  name ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I was trying to use the:  Client_SYS.Add_Info('','Shop order created.'); 

so that it would just be informational rather than halting the save process.  It works perfectly in my event action for purchase order line creation.  Which would I use to just pop up a information message and not the Error_SYS?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna , uh oh, maybe I have stumped the expert….

When I use the Error_SYS.General_Record prompt it does work, however, I am not wanting to stop the save process.  I am wanting to just provide an informational pop-up window and then allowing the shop order to save.  And like I mentioned the Client_SYS.Add_Info message one works for my purchase order line event.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @STMVALENTINE ,

I added the ERROR_SYS error message as it is definitely fired if there’s no issue with the event  when the event is triggered. However it hinder the save action. I just wanted to mentioned that there is no problem with event triggering process at New item save.

As you mentioned Client_SYS.Add_Info is the most suitable to show messages. I too tried in App10 latest environment and it is not appeared at save. suspected reason is explained below.

In Client_SYS package there is a PROCEDURE called Clear_Info. When a database logic is executed related to particular functional flow the above ‘Clear_Info’ is called time to time. As an example see below screen prints. This is called time to time clear the info and show the exact relevant info.

There is a need of adding trace messages  to the logic to figure out the why the messages in the event is cleared without showing.  There are similar kind of cases reported in differnt functional areas and some were fixed as bugs. You can repot your issue to our Global Support Team for further investigation

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna , uh oh, maybe I have stumped the expert….

When I use the Error_SYS.General_Record prompt it does work, however, I am not wanting to stop the save process.  I am wanting to just provide an informational pop-up window and then allowing the shop order to save.  And like I mentioned the Client_SYS.Add_Info message one works for my purchase order line event.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated...

Looks like you are running into an issue that gets brought up from time to time here, about how displaying client-side warnings and/or questions is not possible (not dependably, anyway):

https://community.ifs.com/assets-asset-management-44/information-message-3786

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/yes-no-dialog-box-408

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/consolidated-screening-list-10141

I have yet to find a way to perform client-side warnings and confirmations reliably, because Client_Sys() has not been properly hooked into all IFS operations, only some. That means the IFS client is rendered useless, because we need the ability to ask the user questions and display warnings in many business scenarios. I don’t think we can afford the time and money to have IFS write a modification every time we need this sort of thing.

If anyone finds a workaround for this issue I hope they will post and let us know!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have yet to find a way to perform client-side warnings and confirmations reliably, because Client_Sys() has not been properly hooked into all IFS operations, only some. That means the IFS client is rendered useless, because we need the ability to ask the user questions and display warnings in many business scenarios.

If anyone finds a workaround for this issue I hope they will post and let us know!

I’m anxiously looking forward to Business Process Automation in IFS Cloud.

IFS Cloud 21R1 – Business Process Automation Workflow Engine Overview and Demo | GoToStage.com

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have yet to find a way to perform client-side warnings and confirmations reliably, because Client_Sys() has not been properly hooked into all IFS operations, only some. That means the IFS client is rendered useless, because we need the ability to ask the user questions and display warnings in many business scenarios.

I’m anxiously looking forward to Business Process Automation in IFS Cloud.

IFS Cloud 21R1 – Business Process Automation Workflow Engine Overview and Demo | GoToStage.com

@durette 

Great info! On one hand that is super cool, but on the other hand (for folks not in Cloud and not heading there any time soon), it is confirmation that Apps10 can’t do this sort of thing and likely will never be able to.  :\

Is there any possibility that this sort of functionality would come to Aurena in Apps10? I imagine it is a substantial overhaul of the middleware layer and Aurena projections, if not also to the core package APIs in Oracle (though maybe it stays at the MWS/Projection level?).

If it isn’t coming to Apps10, that still means the only way to get this level of functionality is to roll your own UI, as far as I can tell. Even getting a workflow-based tool like Nova Cura still means essentially writing your own front-ends to replace IEE and/or Aurena.

Thanks for that link though -- another durette gem!

Joe Kaufman