Question

Errors when creating an Italian company

• 13 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I'm handling a case recently and the issue (APP10 GET) is when creating a company using Create Company Assistant, the creation log shows errors in two components; GENLED and PAYLED as below.

GENLED

ORA-20105: Assert.IS_PKG_METHOD: "DE_RECONCILE_TAX_CODES_API.MAKE_COMPANY" is non existing package method.

PAYLED

ORA-20105: Assert.IS_PKG_METHOD: "MT940_CODE_DEFINITION_API.MAKE_COMPANY" is non existing package method.

I have checked these two API s in the core environment and these APIs might get removed in the previous versions. I would like to know a some kind of a way to find that how these APIs get removed in the newer versions. Really appreciate if anyone can assist me with this.

Thank you !!

Best Regards,

Nipuni Deshani

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Nipuni

You can check and compare the versions of this file by logging into the GET harvest broker.

Then you would be able to find how these changes were made and the patches, UPD changes..etc that have been caused for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameera,

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Nipuni

You can check and compare the versions of this file by logging into the GET harvest broker.

Then you would be able to find how these changes were made and the patches, UPD changes..etc that have been caused for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameera,

Hi Sameera,

Thank you for the reply. But I had tried that too. These two API s, DE_RECONCILE_TAX_CODES_API and MT940_CODE_DEFINITION_API cannot be found. I need to know how these APIs get removed. I did the source code search as well, but no luck. Is there any other way to check these kind of issues?

Best Regards,

Nipuni

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Nipuni

It’s better if you can check these files in the customer’s harvest and identify how they have been introduced to this customer if they are available there. First we need to check and verify whether these files are belonged to the core, RND Extension(GET), local extension or customization. Sometimes, these type of issues can be raised due to upgrades (eg:- Apps8 to Apps10) since some old APIs in previous versions are not available in the upgraded versions, but they are still referred in somewhere in existing customer’s code. Then you have to check those files in the harvest of previous versions as well. If this file is related to a localization then you have identify that and check these files in harvest of that localization. 

Also you can use text/file search tools (Eg:- ransack) and search in archive directories of suspected localizations/extensions.

Best Regards,

Sameera.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nipuni Deshani,

I did a similar investigation previously. As Sameera mentioned this type of issues mostly occurs due to the migration. I have checked the APP9 GET environment, but those APIs are not there.

Check whether this customer had migrated form another version. If yes check the core environment of that version. If you still can’t find the above mentioned API in that version, it might be a customization.

Regards,

Dheynoshan

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you @Prabhath Sameera and @Nadarajah Dheynoshan for your valuable responses. As you both mentioned customer has missed some pre and post scripts to execute while the project upgrades. So I had to remove these APIs and now I’m able to create the company without any issues. Thank you for the support. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nipuni