Question

Custom menu for a custom logical unit

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo
I create a custom logical unit with two windows “tbw” and “frm”. Now I create a custom menu  on the “tbw” to jump to the “frm”-Windows.

tbw

frm

1. I tried to do it with custom menu with action type “Create Windows with Transfer”. I was not working. It was open the windows without any date.
  2. I try it now with action type “url” with the External_search
    ifsapf:cpgCInstCompInstrumentFrm?External_search=CF$_C_ICI_CUSTOMER_NO%3D{&CF$_C_ICI_CUSTOMER_NO}%26CF$_C_ICI_CUST_ADDRESS_ID%3D{&CF$_C_ICI_CUST_ADDRESS_ID}%26CF$_C_ICI_CATALOG_GROUP%3D{&CF$_C_ICI_CATALOG_GROUP}%26CF$_C_ICI_COMPETITOR_ID%3D{&CF$_C_ICI_COMPETITOR_ID}

Now it works for one line, but it not possible to do a multi select in the tbw-Windows.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Best Regards,

André

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @andjor,

Have a look at this post and see if the methods suggested there help:

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi  Charith

I don’t have access to this link.

Best Regards,
André

Badge +1

HI @Charith Epitawatta,

the solutions mentioned in the thread are not working. This is only working for creating external links.
In this case it is not possible to select more rows and do a navigation. For normal pages (aka not Custom LU Pages) this is working fine. 
It should be possible by use option “Create Windows with Transfer”. But in this case, no data gets loaded in target page.

BR

Dominik Roth

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo

I found a solution for my case. I make some test to go vom my customer logical unit windows tbw with a custom menu to the customer.

When I use the Action Type “Create Window with Transfer” and as Source Key Name “CF$_C_ICI_CUSTOMER_NO” 

Normaly you have to use as Destination Key Name “CUSTOMER_ID”.

With debuging I found out, that it takes as Source the value of the field “CF$_C_ICI_CUSTOMER_NO_DB”

The windows Customer is empty when I use the custom menu.

I change the Destination Key Name to “OBJKEY”.

Now also a multi selection is possible in the custom logical unit. Result:

And now the solution for my custom logical unit from window cpgCInstCompInstrumentTbw to cpgCInstCompInstrumentFrm.

Result:

I know, this is not a nice solution. I don’t know it this habit a bug in IFS APPS 10 Update 10 or how it was designed and developed.

Maybe someone knows the reason for this behavior?

Best Regards,
André