Question

Custom Menu condition

• 27 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a custom menu (called Part ordered on Reqs) on the Requisition Lines tab of the Purchase Requisition screen. When the menu is selected (via RMB) it is supposed to open a new window showing the Purchase Requisition Lines screen but with only the Part No. and Vendor No of the Part No. and Vendor No. that was on the line that was right-clicked.
I have a screen cap of the menu below. As you can see I am passing in the Part No. and Vendor No. I am also passing in the condition that the state must be in one of "Released;Planned;Partially Authorized". This condition is not working though.
It gives me all lines with all states not just the ones in those states. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The Condition determines under which condition the menu should be available, it is not passed to the new window. In your setup, the menu will be grayed out on all requisition lines in any status other than Planned, Released, or Partially Authorized.

I think you need to create a menu that will run a search, so a PL/SQL Block should suffice. The search would find in Purchase Requisition Lines all lines for this Part No and Supplier in states Planned, Released, or Partially Authorized.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The Condition determines under which condition the menu should be available, it is not passed to the new window. In your setup, the menu will be grayed out on all requisition lines in any status other than Planned, Released, or Partially Authorized.

I think you need to create a menu that will run a search, so a PL/SQL Block should suffice. The search would find in Purchase Requisition Lines all lines for this Part No and Supplier in states Planned, Released, or Partially Authorized.

OK I have to change my action type to “PL/SQL block” and then get the Purchase Requisition Lines window to open. I have never been able to get a custom menu with a PL/SQL block  to open a new IFS window though.

Badge +2

Hi @jdoherty,  

I am also passing in the condition that the state must be in one of "Released;Planned;Partially Authorized". This condition is not working though.

Can you clarify more regarding this statement? Did you mean the condition did not filter out the data on the destination window or the custom menu is available for all states? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jdoherty,  

I am also passing in the condition that the state must be in one of "Released;Planned;Partially Authorized". This condition is not working though.

Can you clarify more regarding this statement? Did you mean the condition did not filter out the data on the destination window or the custom menu is available for all states? 

I mean that the the condition did not filter out the data on the destination window. I thought that was what it was supposed to do but it isn’t (my mistake). I will have to do it in a PL SQL block instead. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

You won’t get your desired outcome with a PLSQL method either if I am understanding the use case correctly.

This would be better delivered using a lobby or multiple lobbies. You could navigate from the page passing the parameters through to a lobby page, then have a lobby element that filters the data further by status.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You won’t get your desired outcome with a PLSQL method either if I am understanding the use case correctly.

This would be better delivered using a lobby or multiple lobbies. You could navigate from the page passing the parameters through to a lobby page, then have a lobby element that filters the data further by status.

I will try doing it by making the menu open a lobby that contains the Purchase Requisition Lines screen and passing in the parameters from the line on the Requisition; only lines in state “Released;Planned;Partially Authorized”.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I will try doing it by making the menu open a lobby that contains the Purchase Requisition Lines screen and passing in the parameters from the line on the Requisition; only lines in state “Released;Planned;Partially Authorized”.

I have done what you suggested; I created a lobby page with a lobby element that displays Purchase Requisition Lines filtered by status “Released;Planned;Partially Authorized".

I then set the custom menu to go to that lobby page but I can’t pass it the Vendor_no and Part_no parameters from the line on the Purchase requisition that has been right-clicked.

In my screen cap, the Url is the address of the Lobby. I need to append on to the end of it the Vendor_no and Part_no. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thank you