Question

Custom Logical Unit and Dependent Fields

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, I am trying to create a custom logical unit and page that will be used in a custom tab on the customer screen. 

What I’d like to do is pass in the customer_id from the customer as the child key and then have additional fields in the custom logical unit be populated from custom sql statments that filter the specified data from the customer_id.

However, I can’t figure out a way to make either a list of values or an enumeration that will populate data and filter said data by customer_id is this possible in IFS10?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

When you add the tab to the parent screen you can specify the key field(s) on the parent screen and the tab (Child) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I believe it is failing because PART_NO can have many records and it is not finding which one to connect to. Can you use ROWKEY ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

When you add the tab to the parent screen you can specify the key field(s) on the parent screen and the tab (Child) 

Hi Lane, thanks for taking the time to look! I have already created the parent/child relationship. However my questions is, once I have this item how can I make other custom fields that will query for results and return a list of values using that key?  

I have tried a custom sql statement and a text field, selecting the list of values option but nothing appears in those fields once I enter a record.