Crystal Report Error

• 4 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 22 replies

Hi,

Currently got an error on a couple of Crystal reports, these reports have worked in the past, we have recently upgraded to Apps9 Upd 17 and I’m not sure if this report has been tested since the update ( but other Crystal reports are working so the Crystal runtime has been installed correctly ) the report hasn’t been amended recently so nothing has changed...

The error in the error log is:

[IFSCRWebSetupIFS9L]-ERROR in [ExportReportWithParametersAndlogonInfo] Error in exporting the report in rpt format.
12/4/2020 8:51:34 AM[IFSCRWebSetupIFS9L]-Value cannot be null.

The report runs without any issues in Crystal, just IFS is the issue.

Regards,

Mick.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you tried enabling “High” crystal loggings to get any more details of this error trace? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Have you tried enabling “High” crystal loggings to get any more details of this error trace? 

Hi Rusiru, Thanks for your reply,

Yes logging is set to high...but this is the only error I get when printing this reports, the other info in the log file is just the standard output that all looks correct..

The only thing out of the ordinary with this report is that it has a sub report, but other reports with sub reports are working fine…

Mick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Mick,

Can you try removing the sub report from this and see if that resovles the issue? 

Just to narrow down this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mick,

Have you gone through standard Crystal troubleshooting steps?

Does the report run in Crystal Developer when logged in as IFSPRINT?

If not then maybe permissions need granting to IFSPRINT.

Can you preview the report from the IFS client (Report Archive), if not what error message pops up? 

Cheers,

Pete

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mick,

Can you try removing the sub report from this and see if that resovles the issue? 

Just to narrow down this. 

Hi, Yes removing the sub report works… so just to look now to see what is causing this to fail… thanks for the suggestion.

Mick.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mick,

Have you gone through standard Crystal troubleshooting steps?

Does the report run in Crystal Developer when logged in as IFSPRINT?

If not then maybe permissions need granting to IFSPRINT.

Can you preview the report from the IFS client (Report Archive), if not what error message pops up? 

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes run through the usual things,  I can run the report ( and sub report ) in Crystal as IFSPRINT.

I can’t preview the report in report archive as it doesn’t get that far.. I run the report, add the parameter ( this report requires the Shop Order number ) as soon as I put this in it give the error below..

Mick.